Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam SEED Destiny Trailer


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pandemonium



Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Posts: 102
Location: Canada, NS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Seen this yesterday...or perhaps the day be4 that. Makes me want to see SEED Destiny more. Stellar looks cool, but I've seen screens of her elsewhere. Gundams look the same...as always.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zack26
SPAMMER


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Pandemonium wrote:
Seen this yesterday...or perhaps the day be4 that. Makes me want to see SEED Destiny more. Stellar looks cool, but I've seen screens of her elsewhere. Gundams look the same...as always.


Yeah. I wanna see this as well. Unfortunately, it'll be two months (in October) til we see this anime Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Pandemonium



Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Posts: 102
Location: Canada, NS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Zack26 wrote:
Yeah. I wanna see this as well. Unfortunately, it'll be two months (in October) til we see this anime Laughing


Yeah which sucks, but I can live with the discussion from other forums of what's going to happen and all. Plus they get these rare pics from cons and wherever they happen to find em, which is great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nagisa
Moderator


Joined: 19 Aug 2003
Posts: 6128
Location: Atlanta-ish, Jawjuh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:49 pm Reply with quote
There are actually two 2:40 trailers for the series at the moment. One of them (dubbed "Zero Attack") has been out for a couple weeks now, while the other ("First Attack") just debuted over the weekend at some Japanese convention (Chara Hobby 2004, I think it's called).

Looking at the URL for the trailer, it looks like the one on the site is Zero Attack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AuraShadow



Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 240
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Considering the fact that I hate SEED with a ferch passion, this doesn't look half bad. FINALLY THEY'RE GOING BACK TO THE TRADITIONAL GUNDAM AND NOT THAT THE CRAPTASIC SEED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Pandemonium



Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Posts: 102
Location: Canada, NS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:28 pm Reply with quote
AuraShadow wrote:
Considering the fact that I hate SEED with a ferch passion, this doesn't look half bad. FINALLY THEY'RE GOING BACK TO THE TRADITIONAL GUNDAM AND NOT THAT THE CRAPTASIC SEED!


What do you mean, 'traditional'? Because they look almost exactly the same as the SEED ones, and the one that's equal to the Strike of SEED has 5 modes instead of 3 this time, or perhaps that's 4 sry, because 2 parts can 'transform' into one or something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AuraShadow



Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 240
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Pandemonium wrote:
AuraShadow wrote:
Considering the fact that I hate SEED with a ferch passion, this doesn't look half bad. FINALLY THEY'RE GOING BACK TO THE TRADITIONAL GUNDAM AND NOT THAT THE CRAPTASIC SEED!


What do you mean, 'traditional'? Because they look almost exactly the same as the SEED ones, and the one that's equal to the Strike of SEED has 5 modes instead of 3 this time, or perhaps that's 4 sry, because 2 parts can 'transform' into one or something.


What I mean is the addolesnt thing got on my nerves. I liked Wing because it wasn't tradition kiddy whinning constently having relationship problems anime. Wing inpressed me so much for that reason. SEED is a sorry exuse for a gundam seires. If I'm 15 and the drama gets on my nerves, and I go through ALOT of drama every day at school, that's saying something. (It's not my personal drama, other peoples. I don't have alot of drama because I'm part of the "out" crowd, so I tend to keep to myself.) I don't go for the gundam series for the actul mechas themselves (I don't even rememeber the names of any of the gundams from any of the series) I go for the actual plot and presentation of the story. Seed has a great story, but the presentation left ALOT to be desired.


Last edited by AuraShadow on Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nagisa
Moderator


Joined: 19 Aug 2003
Posts: 6128
Location: Atlanta-ish, Jawjuh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Pandemonium wrote:
and the one that's equal to the Strike of SEED has 5 modes instead of 3 this time, or perhaps that's 4 sry, because 2 parts can 'transform' into one or something.


Top half & bottom half joined together by the Core Splendour (transformable fighter jet thingy), basically like the RX-78-2 in the original series. However, the Impulse also has three Silhouettes (Force, Sword, & Blast) that work like Strike's weapons packs, except that they either attach to or replace the Core Splendour in the assembly (still not absolutely clear on that) instead of just being fancy backpacks.

AuraShadow wrote:
FINALLY THEY'RE GOING BACK TO THE TRADITIONAL GUNDAM


I'm afraid I don't follow this either. If anything SEED was the one that "went back to traditional Gundam," as it basically functions as an updated & revamped version of UC after a straight decade of stuff like Turn-A & Wing that really was a drastic departure from the traditional setup. CE is essentially the "new UC" that Sunrise can proceed to build upon, instead of milking the now-done UC timeline to further death and running the franchise as a whole into the ground with cheap one-shot spinoffs.

AuraShadow wrote:
I liked Wing because it wasn't tradition kiddy whinning constently having relationship problems anime.


Actually I'd say Wing was the moodiest, pointlessly angstiest Gundam in the franchise's twenty-five year history. The pilots themselves seemed terminally depressed with little reason for being so, most of the female characters basically did little else but follow said pilots around whining about their behaviour, and the two most grounded men in the series (Zechs & Treize) seemed to flip-flop between stability and zealotry at the drop of a hat.

That's how it seemed to me, anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Pandemonium



Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Posts: 102
Location: Canada, NS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Top half & bottom half joined together by the Core Splendour (transformable fighter jet thingy), basically like the RX-78-2 in the original series. However, the Impulse also has three Silhouettes (Force, Sword, & Blast) that work like Strike's weapons packs, except that they either attach to or replace the Core Splendour in the assembly (still not absolutely clear on that) instead of just being fancy backpacks.


Ah okay, sounds interesting, didn't know the names of the other modes tho. Seems they are all going the way of some kind of transforming thing now. Aegis in SEED, not sure if the Meteor weapon with Freedom and Justice count toward that tho, but still. And now with SEED Destiny, Impulse and whatever the name of the one Stellar pilots (goes from Bacow like armor to suit).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AuraShadow



Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 240
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Well, Wing was my frist taste of Gundam, so I base every other gundam seires on it. I loved it, including Endless Waltz. Now I will give SEED Destiny kodos for making it set in the future.... maybe they have finally matured enough to distinquish when people are being prejudice against your kind and you still stay with them regardless. (btw, I swear Flay was on crack....she's really creapy)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Pandemonium



Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Posts: 102
Location: Canada, NS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:16 pm Reply with quote
AuraShadow wrote:
Well, Wing was my frist taste of Gundam, so I base every other gundam seires on it. I loved it, including Endless Waltz. Now I will give SEED Destiny kodos for making it set in the future.... maybe they have finally matured enough to distinquish when people are being prejudice against your kind and you still stay with them regardless. (btw, I swear Flay was on crack....she's really creapy)


Agree with you there on that whole Fllay issue...spoiler[loved when she died hahaha]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AuraShadow



Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 240
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:21 pm Reply with quote
YOU HAVE JUST MADE MY DAY! *HUG**Laughs evily*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Pandemonium



Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Posts: 102
Location: Canada, NS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:23 pm Reply with quote
lol, take it you haven't seen the whole series from that reaction, you need to see all 51 eps to love the series. (51 as in the 50 regular plus the extra 5 minute eps)

[EDIT - This is post #100,000! Yay you!]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nagisa
Moderator


Joined: 19 Aug 2003
Posts: 6128
Location: Atlanta-ish, Jawjuh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:24 pm Reply with quote
AuraShadow wrote:
maybe they have finally matured enough to distinquish when people are being prejudice against your kind and you still stay with them regardless. (btw, I swear Flay was on crack....she's really creapy)


...I think you missed the entire Fllay thing by a mile, no offense. It wasn't a random thing at all.

spoiler[She has a pre-existing dislike for Coordinators to begin with, is a civilian caught in a military SNAFU, and just saw her father get blown up after Kira himself reassured her that "everything would be okay." These factors combined caused her to lash out at the nearest Coordinator she could get her claws into -- Kira. She blames him for the death of her father, and decides to manipulate him in order to make him suffer. By giving her body to him, she puts him on a leash and holds him to his promise to protect her until the point where he burns out & crumbles. As she says herself, "Fight for me. Fight for me until you die!" In essence, she wants him to pay for all the "wrongs" he's done (to her) in his life, and for being the immoral creature that he is.

Of course, later on Kira comes to his senses & Fllay is taken prisoner by Raww, essentially forcing her to mature a bit and realise herself that she acted idiotically. Sadly, she dies before she's able to truly redeem herself.]


Last edited by Nagisa on Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AuraShadow



Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Posts: 240
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Unless I can find them online somewhere (Non bittorrent, and trust me I've tried) that ain't going to happen. Hey, at least be happy I've actually still continuing to watch it so I can back up my reason for my hatred. Trust me, every board I write this one would have chewed me up and spit me out if I said I hated this anime, and I hadn't watched once single episdoe (imagines the horror)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group