• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NISA Licenses Daily Lives of High School Boys Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:36 am Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
Turn the subtitles off? They won't cover the artwork then...

Exactly! I won't go all inflammatory of "if they want authentic experience, the subs should be read backwards... if they want it accessible, there should be an English dub," but NISA's releases to-date just don't do it for me. Then again, I wasn't really bothered by the lack of simulcasting to sample the first few episodes on this title anyway.
Quote:
and a planned edition with "fan-favorite sturdy premium packaging"

Granted FUNi deserves a lot of blame for fostering this impression, bot no.... just no. A box that doesn't disintegrate when the relative humidity goes above 30%, or withstands shear/tear forces stronger than a feather wafting by on the breeze, is not premium swag worthy of untold prices (and I have too many oversized boxes on-edge or on-top as-is.) Plus art books are nice and all, but not that nice, at least not ones small enough to even be considered for existing within the same packaging as a DVD/BD set.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:21 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Aw, crap. I am really not interested in this show, but I've sworn an unbreakable blood oath to buy a premium edition of every show NISA puts out.

*sigh*

I wish you good luck with Brave10

Naw, I'm diggin' Brave10, no need for luck there. I had forgotten that NISA snapped that one up, too. Yeah, they seem to be picking up the pace of their acquisitions. Ohhhhhh, my aching wallet...

Is it too late to blame you for putting me on this path as well? Laughing Ah well, NISA does their releases in a manner that pleases me, so I don't mind rewarding them by picking up everything they release. For now.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:03 am Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Anyways, good for them. I would prefer You and Me (another show about the daily lives of high school boys) but I've heard positive things about the series they picked up.

A fair warning though: Kimi to Boku is completely different from this awesome show.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:17 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Aw, crap. I am really not interested in this show, but I've sworn an unbreakable blood oath to buy a premium edition of every show NISA puts out.

*sigh*

I wish you good luck with Brave10

Naw, I'm diggin' Brave10, no need for luck there. I had forgotten that NISA snapped that one up, too. Yeah, they seem to be picking up the pace of their acquisitions. Ohhhhhh, my aching wallet...

Well, I'm buying nearly all of their licenses, but yeah. Lucky I have the extra money I would have spent on Gundam titles ( Crying or Very sad )

This is a good license. I'm also getting a kick out of Brave 10, so I won't mind paying for that one either. Cool
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:22 am Reply with quote
050795 wrote:
Nice! I was surprised this show got snubbed by everyone with all the simulcast announcements, but this helps makes up for it.

Considering the two other titles from this season NIS America licensed are also being simulcast on CR, this could be smoke indicating the fire.

There is also the fact that 3 days ago, a user on CR known for ferreting out hidden pages for anime before they are announced found one for this series.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:36 am Reply with quote
SaiyanHero16 wrote:
Finally! I've been wanting someone to pick this up forever. I don't mind a sub-only release for this one.

I know, right??? Outrageous we had to wait an entire three weeks into the show's initial broadcast run before somebody FINALLY picked this up! Wink
Elisian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:43 am Reply with quote
Sweet! I am really happy to see this picked up by NISA. With any luck it will be just as awesome as the previous collections they have released. I always appreciate a good collectors edition. As a couple others have said already their product makes me happy, so they have my full support!
The Count

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:24 am Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Granted FUNi deserves a lot of blame for fostering this impression, bot no.... just no. A box that doesn't disintegrate when the relative humidity goes above 30%, or withstands shear/tear forces stronger than a feather wafting by on the breeze, is not premium swag worthy of untold prices (and I have too many oversized boxes on-edge or on-top as-is.) Plus art books are nice and all, but not that nice, at least not ones small enough to even be considered for existing within the same packaging as a DVD/BD set.
I feel the same as you. I picked up NISA's first four premium editions and had to put the packaging in a box because their is no way I could fit that on my DVD towers. I wish NISA would package their premium releases more like how Nozomi does. The only R1 companies that release "collectors editions" that I feel are worthy of collecting are Nozomi and Aniplex America(when their sane with their pricing).
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:35 pm Reply with quote
YAY!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

NIS America is really starting to become one of my favorite companies! I can't wait for the extra features included in the Premium Box Set!!! Anime hyper
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:26 am Reply with quote
I took some time to ask people who bought some NIS series they said that the grain effect on Pandora Hearts was there from the start and that NIS didn't add it and that their timing of their subs has improved since Working!! So I'm kinda having second thoughts about them.

Since this series is niche I wasn't expecting a dub to begin with so I'm happy this got picked up so I'm going to buy it. Cause I fell in love with this series since episode 1 and its currently my favorite this season along with Natsume.

Now only if by some random miracle Gundam AGE gets a stateside release physically without Bandai around cause I want to stay in the loop with my favorite series without paying an arm and a leg for what will most likely in the end a non subbed release. Anime cry The next best thing would be a legal stream though, but I'd rather have the choice to view it whenever I please without waiting for this piece of junk to buffer it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3