• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam 00 Premieres on U.S. Sci Fi Channel Tonight

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kampfente

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:02 am Reply with quote
omg its comin' , have heard about their voice actors, but i hope it still rocks there in the US! ; D
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:23 am Reply with quote
Too bad I have to work tomorrow, otherwise I would have to stay up and watch it. It looks pretty interesting overall and I hope it turns out to be good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quote
I can't wait to watch this tonight.
Hideki-Motosuwa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:51 am Reply with quote
Alright everyone, it's time to put boxes of tissues, earplugs or earmuffs, and being logged on your favorite forum site or blog cause if the recent dubs from Bandai Ent. have are any indication (IE: Code Geass), people are going to be bleeding out the ears and crying rivers all night long.

But then again, they might do good with the voicing so who knows. Over use of popular voice actors are to be heard tonight, I guess.

Good thing I've already seen this series so watching this will probably be a good laugh.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:03 am Reply with quote
Too bad I work until 11pm every night and barely make it home before midnight, or else I might actually try watching Ani-Monday. Oh well, guess I get to wait for the bilingual DVDs, just like with Gurren Lagann. Crying or Very sad
Spirit Rubi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quote
I wish I even had the sci-fi channel. Even my cousin who only has like less then 10 channels on his tv gets it, while I have basic cable. =x

Oh well. > . <
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:19 am Reply with quote
I will be watching, but if this is a Gundam Wing re-do, I doubt I will care for it. Personally, Gundam Wing is my least favorite Gundam, at least of the ones I have seen so far (original Gundam, Zeta, Wing, both Seed series, 0080, 0083, and 08th MS Team).
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:10 am Reply with quote
First I have heard of this. I think I'll watch it. Good thing I checked the site today.

But I have never seen any Gundam's(I know I am a bad anime fan), at least not more than a couple random episodes here and there. Think that matters? The description makes it sound like it won't be a big deal. Which is what I am hoping.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:32 am Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:
I can't wait to watch this tonight.

Us in Canada are going to have to wait until next year at the earliest. Even then, there is a high likely hood it will be on a channel that 15 people in the country get.

So, can anyone tell me after Tonight's broadcast if the show airs with a Manga Entertainment presents in front of it? If it does then that is not good for Canada from what we've seen thus far.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quote
snl67 wrote:
I will be watching, but if this is a Gundam Wing re-do, I doubt I will care for it. Personally, Gundam Wing is my least favorite Gundam, at least of the ones I have seen so far (original Gundam, Zeta, Wing, both Seed series, 0080, 0083, and 08th MS Team).
Weird, maybe you should re-watch Wing..it's definately better than Seed
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
First I have heard of this. I think I'll watch it. Good thing I checked the site today.

But I have never seen any Gundam's(I know I am a bad anime fan), at least not more than a couple random episodes here and there. Think that matters? The description makes it sound like it won't be a big deal. Which is what I am hoping.
00 Is unreleated to any other gundam series besides 00 Season 2...so you'll be fine if you start here.
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:39 am Reply with quote
Haha, I had been waiting for this! Very Happy Though I've seen the first season already it'll be interesting to hear the full range of voices in English since the promo on the Bandai website didn't give everyone a speaking chance. I just hope this doesn't incite massive wank on forums and whatnot, as dubs are want to do...>>;;
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
Hideki-Motosuwa wrote:
Alright everyone, it's time to put boxes of tissues, earplugs or earmuffs, and being logged on your favorite forum site or blog cause if the recent dubs from Bandai Ent. have are any indication (IE: Code Geass), people are going to be bleeding out the ears and crying rivers all night long.

But then again, they might do good with the voicing so who knows. Over use of popular voice actors are to be heard tonight, I guess.

Good thing I've already seen this series so watching this will probably be a good laugh.

Well, Brad Swaile is playing Setsuna, so take that as you will. From what I heard of him in the trailer, he sounded like a good fit.

I too am hoping that this dub won't end up like Code Geass'; although I wouldn't say CG's dub was bad, but it could've been better.

Dargonxtc wrote:

00 was my first Gundam series as well, not counting the 13 episodes of Wing I tried watching a few years back, which I didn't take to. Contrary to Wing, I absolutely loved 00. You don't have to have seen any other Gundam series to get it, either -- in fact, 00 sort of fills the spot of prequel to other Gundam series, since it occurs before Earth is federated.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quote
heard about this awhile back, I deffinantly know I'm going to watch this without high expectations, Or getting anal about the dubbing, either way I'm just going to watch this gundam series as I would anyother anime. without high expectations, no preexisting opinion, and again not giving a damn about the dub quality
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:58 am Reply with quote
I can't say I've ever followed Gundam too well. Honestly I'd say G-Gundam and 08th MS Team would be the only ones I watched with some level of interest. The rest I was lost on less than 5 episodes in. But in the spirit of fairness I'll give this one a shot and hope that it is worth my while.

As for the dubbing, I do wonder why more often than not that Bandai sends the dub work for their Gundam series to the studios in Canada rather than say Animaze or Bang Zoom in Los Angeles? Not important, just wondering.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4