• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FUNimation Licenses Haganai School Comedy Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Article wrote:
Funimation and the video-streaming service Niconico announced in October that they would stream Haganai as it aired in Japan. The two companies then began streaming the series later that month.

The show has not streamed on Niconico, yet, for whatever reason. Still waiting for that, since I have a subscription there and not at FUNimation.com.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:57 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Yukimura, as hilarious as it would be to hear Greg Ayres take this role, I have to give it to Maxey Whitehead who's good at playing this character.

I'm not sure of the rest, but otherwise, take your bets.

They're going to give Yuki a female voice, so Greg Ayres is out of the picture.

N.R. wrote:
This will probably be a limited quantity release (like Lyrical Nanoha or the Ouran High School Host Club BD). I bet it will run out of stock after a month and get discontinued. It's a very niche series.

Its one of the most watched series of the Fall Season in NA. Its hardly niche.

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Cool. I liked this show in its subbed version and a Funi dub usually increases my enjoyment of a comedy by a significant factor so I'm laughing. No doubt literally, at some point.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:

The show has not streamed on Niconico, yet, for whatever reason. Still waiting for that, since I have a subscription there and not at FUNimation.com.

It makes the second article this month that has implied or stated Nico Nico streamed Haganai. It makes me wonder if those who write and edit these articles have even visited the site.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
5 bucks says Todd HaberKorn is Kodaka.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Sam Murai wrote:

It makes the second article this month that has implied or stated Nico Nico streamed Haganai. It makes me wonder if those who write and edit these articles have even visited the site.

Well, you can't really blame the ANN editors for not bothering with NicoNico to know if its actually there or not. Its streaming service is crap.
N.R.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

The popularity of a streaming title doesn't guarantee it will sell well physically. Also, being watched or not does not change the fact that this is a niche title. It's in the same otaku genre that My Sister Can't Be this Cute was in (and Kirino even makes an appearance in the series). I'm not saying niche is bad, I'm just pointing to a fact. That's all.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
5 bucks says Todd HaberKorn is Kodaka.

Agreed. Him and Ryohei Kimura (Kodaka's JP VA) sound really alike, I was just picturing Todd as Shouma from Mawaru Penguindrum perfectly then moments later I realized that Shouma's voice actor is the same for Kodaka's xD.

EDIT - Also 10 bucks says that Monica Rial is going to play the little nun girl ._.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:49 pm Reply with quote
machetecat wrote:
*shrugs* Cool then. Clearly, outside of what's already been licensed, the female anime fans really shouldn't be expecting much from you guys for the next year or so, huh?

I'll go hang out with NIS then. Thanks.

Why? my sister liked this show. Is that any reason why female anime fans can't?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
N.R. wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

The popularity of a streaming title doesn't guarantee it will sell well physically. Also, being watched or not does not change the fact that this is a niche title. It's in the same otaku genre that My Sister Can't Be this Cute was in (and Kirino even makes an appearance in the series). I'm not saying niche is bad, I'm just pointing to a fact. That's all.

Not only streaming, but its also one of the most talked about shows on anime forums. I guess you're right though... places where its biggest, like /a/, typically aren't buyers so it might not be a big seller.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
guess that explains why it wasnt on their recent poll but none the less good news since i enjoyed it so i probably will buy the blu ray/dvd when its released....in 2014 Razz.
would be later this year if they'd stop wasting time on their (lately anyway) terrible dubs.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
It's amazing how every licensing announcement is met with more complaints than happiness, regardless of who's licensing it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:12 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
It's amazing how every licensing announcement is met with more complaints than happiness, regardless of who's licensing it.

So painfully true.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:

So painfully true.

Yes that sadly is true. Well I am happy this is getting licensed. I did not finish it while it was airing but I am looking forward to owning in the future (assuming that the world does not end on Dec 22).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:

The internet has made everyone entitled whiny and ungrateful dicks.

Why are you surprised at this
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4