• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rumbling Hearts Trailer

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:17 pm Reply with quote
This reminds me of KOR.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Takayuki's voice sounds good. Can't get myself to like Haruka's voice though. Mainly due to the fact that I rarely ever hear any female American VAs (there are one or two though) that are able to match the "cuteness" of the Japanese voices. Just sounds like they're trying too hard most of the time, which doesn't come accross as cute to me. This one would fall into that category.

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:38 pm Reply with quote
KimiNozo...

And FUNimation was doing so well choosing its titles.

Well, it has a fanbase. I suppose it'll do well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Pants on this one, the guy's voice is ok, the girl...literally sent shivers up my spine. Well, I'll only be getting this for the sub track anyway so, yea. It's a very good title and I hope people will pick it up since it deserves much attention Razz
Serge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Daemonblue wrote:
I agree with Pants on this one, the guy's voice is ok, the girl...literally sent shivers up my spine. Well, I'll only be getting this for the sub track anyway so, yea. It's a very good title and I hope people will pick it up since it deserves much attention Razz

Yep, Sub over Dub, either way, I can't wait! I've heard it's good (from loads of people, I ain't got around to seeing it yet).

Can't wait for the U.S, Release, hope it's Uncut. unlike Fansub.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
KimiNozo...

"Rumbling Hearts" was something the Japanese company decided on and required FUNI to use and KimiNozo is commonly used by fans (an abbreviation of the full title "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien"), so I don't know what you are talking about.

Serge wrote:
Can't wait for the U.S, Release, hope it's Uncut. unlike Fansub.

FUNI almost always releases things uncut and only "cuts" things these days when its licensing issues (i.e. Kodocha, Speed Grapher). I don't know what you mean by "unlike Fansub" though since fansubs don't edit things either (why would they?).

Anyhow, its alright trailer and I really can't judge the voices just on that little clip, but they aren't ear-gratingly bad at least. I can't wait for the DVDs.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I think he's referring to the fact that the DVD version is more cleaned up and has a bit more nudity than the TV broadcast version.

Hmmm, I wonder if Carrie Savage moved to Texas since she's involved in more of FUNi's dubs. Nonetheless I give her time though; once we get to the good, dramatic parts where Haruka is more involved, I bet she'll get out of the "generic, cutesy" girl voice. Of course the best part is Luci Christian and Monical Rial gets to play the duo of Ayu and Mayu respectively, I bet lots of peeps will love to hear Luci's potty mouth! Laughing
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:20 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
KimiNozo...

"Rumbling Hearts" was something the Japanese company decided on and required FUNI to use and KimiNozo is commonly used by fans (an abbreviation of the full title "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien"), so I don't know what you are talking about.

By "title", I was talking about the show itself.

Thus:

penguintruth wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
KimiNozo...

By "title", I was talking about the show itself.

Thus:

penguintruth wrote:

Ah, I see what you mean. You're saying FUNI just picked a bad show. Well, to each his own. As you said, there are plenty of us that like it.

darkchibi07 wrote:
I think he's referring to the fact that the DVD version is more cleaned up and has a bit more nudity than the TV broadcast version.

I suspected he may have meant something like that as well, but the way he said made it made it sound like he thought FUNI might edit the show or something so I just answered it they way he sounded like he meant it.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:07 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Takayuki's voice sounds good. Can't get myself to like Haruka's voice though. Mainly due to the fact that I rarely ever hear any female American VAs (there are one or two though) that are able to match the "cuteness" of the Japanese voices. Just sounds like they're trying too hard most of the time, which doesn't come accross as cute to me. This one would fall into that category.

My thoughts precisely. It just sounds wrong. I would've liked to have heard Mitsuki though, given that i like her over Haruka an she has a bigger presense.

Not sure I cared much how they depicted the triagle eithe, but oh well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Teshdor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:32 am Reply with quote
Just so people don't get confused, fans actually refer to this as "KGNE" (abbrivitation of Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.) The title, "KimiNozo" is very rarely used, but instead the abbriviated form "KGNE" is much more commonly used. So go ahead back to your googling.
P.S. This is a really good anime, subbed of course.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:09 am Reply with quote
Teshdor wrote:
Just so people don't get confused, fans actually refer to this as "KGNE" (abbrivitation of Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.) The title, "KimiNozo" is very rarely used, but instead the abbriviated form "KGNE" is much more commonly used. So go ahead back to your googling.

Does the way it's abbreviated really matter that much? no, not really

Teshdor wrote:

I wouldn't really be rejecting the dub as of yet. This small trailer is hardly anything to judge the whole series on.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:15 am Reply with quote
Teshdor wrote:

Interesting seeing as I'm a fan, and myself and most fans I talk to abbreviate it as Kiminozo. I don't think I've ever seen anyone lazy enough to only type KGNE. Though like above, does it really matter? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
angel_lover

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:38 am Reply with quote
Teshdor wrote:

KimiNozo: 55,600 Google hits
KGNE: 32,400 Google hits

Anyway, apart from disliking the simpering of the female VAs, I think the trailer gives far too much away. OK, so a lot of the people who buy it will have already seen the fansub, but it really gives the game away about spoiler[the accident and its aftermath]. I think the plot summary in the ANN encyclopedia judges it about right - I read that before watching it, but what happened and when it happened still came as a shock, which it should.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:24 am Reply with quote
angel_lover wrote:
Anyway, apart from disliking the simpering of the female VAs, I think the trailer gives far too much away. OK, so a lot of the people who buy it will have already seen the fansub, but it really gives the game away about spoiler[the accident and its aftermath]. I think the plot summary in the ANN encyclopedia judges it about right - I read that before watching it, but what happened and when it happened still came as a shock, which it should.

I don't know why, but I didn't even really notice (well I did, I just wasn't thinking about it) that they showed the spoiler[car accident scene] in the trailer. I really wish they wouldn't have shown that, a big spoiler imo. I was shocked when I first saw it, it came out of absolutely nowhere, and it's basically what hooked me into watching the rest of it. I agree that they gave too much away in the trailer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3