• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Drama CDs?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laughing Hyena

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering in case a manga series doesn't have an anime series based on it, can you add in cast members from the Drama CDs?

I was thinking about this since the Encyclopedia allows you to add in Cast members in the manga sections. And in the case of Future-Retro Hero Story manga (which never had an anime series on it) which has a huge amount of Drama CDs (15 to be exact). I actually have one of the Drama CDs and one of the voice actors (who does Zohar) voiced a character in Sailor Moon.

So is it okay if I add in Cast members on the Future-Retro Hero Story Manga section from my 'What a Wonderful Adventure!' Drama CD?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Actually, you'll find that even though there's a cast section for manga, it's impossible to add anything in it. Cast can't be added from the dropdown menu, and there's no orange "+" button. The only reason you can see a cast section is because the Encyclopedia was first and foremost built for anime information. Manga was added almost as an afterthought, because we had manga reviews. In other words, I don't think we want full details about drama CDs. But I wouldn't mind if you added the titles of those drama CDs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:

In other words, I don't think we want full details about drama CDs. But I wouldn't mind if you added the titles of those drama CDs.

YA know...

We could always add drama cds as a unique item for inclusion in the db... ;)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Laughing Hyena

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In other words, I don't think we want full details about drama CDs. But I wouldn't mind if you added the titles of those drama CDs.

I only mean the voice actors in the Drama CDs. I don't mean what company made it and who worked on the CD. If there is an anime series with a Drama CD, voice actors/characters that only show up in the Drama should be listed with (Drama CD) with their name.

It would be neat if there was a section for Drama CDs, the only problem would be how to sort them. Would Drama CD 1 and 2 be together if it's the same series or separated? I would rather have Drama voice actors be listed on anime and manga sections than make up sections for Drama CDs. It would just be easier to deal with. Because if you make Drama CDs sections, what about video games?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1