• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tite Kubo's Bleach Manga to Enter Final Arc

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Hey ArsenicSteel, how 'bout you look up the definition of what a 'fact' is? No, don't bother, you already know. You're just trolling again after all . . .

kthxbye

Why do I need to look up what a fact is. The post of yours being referred to has opinions and facts about Bleach but what I am commenting on is the part where you imply I AM THE UNIVERSE is wrong simply because he didn't say you were right.
vashna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I remember this conversation arose here before on ANN, and at that time I mused that Tite Kubo might do something similar to Akira Toriyama. It could very well be that we're in for 'Bleach Z', for lack of a better term. I tend to be far more forgiving of shonen fighting series than most fans, so I would be happy to continue reading the new series, if my completely speculative thinking were true. Nevertheless, I also vaguely remember Tite Kubo mentioning that he had plans to continue working on Bleach for what would amount to the rest of his life.

I certainly hope we get to see more of the many plot devices that he has hinted at in the past. For instance, I'd genuinely like to see the Soul Society monarchy that was mentioned once or twice in passing. If that's already come up in an arc that I wasn't aware of, I apologize.
Kutsu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I've never read one chapter or watched one episode, so I don't really care, Sad for those who still enjoy it, I guess.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:33 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Tenbyakugon wrote:
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
That is simply your opinion sure as hell doesn't mean its right.

It isn't so much a biased opinion as it is an objective observation. Confused There wasn't such a need to get defensive, not at all.

I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE is obviously lost inside la-la land, as that's the only way they can mistake objective analysis as a mere opinion. Not really worth taking them seriously.

Yeah you've hit the nail on the head ha ha. Rolling Eyes
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:46 pm Reply with quote
ninjaclown wrote:
I was responding to Arsenic, you just happened to post right before I did. This is getting a bit personal for you to hang around here all day to respond to posts, maybe you should take a break. Rolling Eyes

Practicality is a nice concept, certainly. Laughing

I'm confused as to how/why there's even an argument going on, honestly...
stararnold

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Finely it coming to an end now lets get some spinoff here
If Naruto can pull it off in having a spinoff to star supporting characters, then I agree too that Bleach has potential for a spinoff starring supporting hcracaters. Maybe Ururu should have her own action series with perhaps a moe cast included like how Tenchi Muyo had its magical girl team-focused spinoff.
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:12 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't be opposed to an entire series that focuses on the Urhara Shop, so the Ururu-themed moe series would be right up my alley if they provided plenty of Hat and Clogs action that more or less involves him mocking people left and right Razz In all seriousness, though, I would actually probably tune in to watch something like that if I was given the opportunity. If there was, likewise, a more serious spin off that dealt with, say, a special duty squad of Soul Reapers that take care of extremely high value Hollows, I would watch that as well. Once more, though, I'm really quite forgiving.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:38 am Reply with quote
I too might have enjoyed it more if the arcs, after the first one, didn't look like they were written on the side of a fag packet whilst on the train for home from a heavy piss-up. It was glaringly obvious he was spreading the paint ever thinner with every new arc. Rolling Eyes
selchis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:00 am Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:
I've never read one chapter or watched one episode, so I don't really care, Sad for those who still enjoy it, I guess.

It's strange feeling but "stranger" feel more sorry about Bleach than people who saw it. Smile And this people still continue whining.

People loved Bleach and saw it. Bleach is the most ungrateful work from all of 3 leading mangas. Kubo is doing rightly that he finally want to end this. I hope he end this more quickly than he want. Personally i will miss for Bleach. I loved this story. Even fullbring arc.
population_tire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Long = bad is not a valid argument.

It's sad. Through the Soul Society arc, Bleach was fantastic. After that, sure the action and characters were interesting but if you don't have a decent plot it all falls apart.

504NOSON2 wrote:
Based on the downward sloping ratings, I somehow doubt he'll have the leisure of dragging this arc out.

Although I haven't watched or read Bleach in almost a year -- except, sporadically, on Cartoon Network -- I'd much rather have seen One Piece get the axe, instead; I think Bleach is leagues better.

Please tell me you're joking.
Bingal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote
ninjaclown wrote:
Bingal wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
Such a tedious message to read and way to melodramatic but hey its your opinion and you're indeed entitled to it after all.

I'll give you tedious, because even I thought it was tedious. It's hard to write about how crappy Bleach is in a normal way without it coming across as tedious. But melodramatic? Hardly?

I take it that you think Bleach is not trash?

Hey man, it's your opinion and you are indeed entitled to it. Even if it is wrong.

Ha ha ah man I'm sorry but that was one hell of an moronic comment to make its quite apparent you're simply trying to start something well I have no interest in indulging your childish behavior..I'm sure their are some teenagers on here who will be up for it try them out.

Simmer down and don't get your panties in a bunch just because someone doesn't like Bleach. It's far more childish to impose your own opinion on others when they gave a valid reason for their dislike.

"Even if it is wrong" sounds just as childish and can not be considered a valid reason for anything. Let's not start bickering, shall we?

Then why even quote me if you don't want to start any bickering? Or better yet, what does that have to do with my intention of pointing out how I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE's unwarrented pedantry towards any dissenting opinion is completely unnecessary? I'm not exactly the type that falls for red herrings.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:44 pm Reply with quote
So That's 2 of the big 3 that are on their way out. Naruto is clearly heading towards the final arc, if it's not already there. When both titles end, Shounen jump wil probably lean on HunterXHunter and Reborn as their next big two. I doubt they're concerned, as they can still market the hell out of them. Just look at DBZ.
baadaku12345

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Well it does have 53 volumes, which is 11 more than DB did.
Plus this arc is gonna be really long.
Although I do want to see the ending, I love this manga and I don't want it to end (yes I contradicted myself).
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Not even speaking as a fan of Bleach, but rather a anime fan, I'd like to ask one simple (maybe not so much) question.

Why is so much desire to see this series end so much? Now I might see how people would like to series progress and see a great series finale, but from what I've seen in the last ten or pages, is that a majority of the people don't like Bleach much.

So this leads to my second question of, if you really dislike Bleach this much, why do you continue to watch the series? Is it in hopes, you personally the series will become "better"?

I can't speak for others, but if there was a anime show I didn't really like, I wouldn't watch the series. Period. Regardless of what is going on with Bleach these days, if you don't like Bleach, wouldn't it just be easier not to watch the series and find other shows to watch instead?

I've been watching Bleach since the series first aired on AS back in September 2007 and I personally have always enjoyed the anime more than the manga.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am in no hurry to finish Bleach, but then again, I've never been in a hurry to finish any anime series in the last 10 years I've been watching anime.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier,

There was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead.
And when she was good
She was very, very good
But when she was bad
She was horrid!

Bleach is that little girl. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 12