• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tite Kubo's Bleach Manga to Enter Final Arc

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
Huh, so there is an ending to Bleach after all? No more:

"Is Bleach over?"
"Never."

jokes. I'm gonna miss those.

Look on the bright side. At least Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:44 am Reply with quote
I never thought I'd live to see the day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
Whoaaa.

How HAVE Bleach's ratings been lately?

This has nothing to do with TV ratings.
This is the manga we are talking about.

Either way, about time.
Bleach should have ended after the Aizen fight, but like everyone has said, this "final arc" is probably going to be a monster in length.
I hope Kubo has had this planned though, as the Fullbring arc reaked of a real lack of imagination and material.
I think this arc will at least take 2-3 years, maybe even longer if it's laid out correctly. Still many questions to be answered.

Overall, no need for Bleach fans to worry.
Many years still left in the manga, and even more with the anime.
Everything must come to an end though. Same with Naruto. No doubt that will be ending within the next 5 years, then everyone will be looking for replacements for the 'next big JUMP series'.
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote
I never thought i would live to see the day Bleach ended. :O
Just kidding, but i think it's about time Tite Kubo finished Bleach. Razz
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:00 am Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
Whoaaa.

How HAVE Bleach's ratings been lately?

TV rating is not so good. Manga sales dropped about 25%, but still top 5 manga in Japan.

They better have something very good lineup to replace Bleach in few more years. When Bleach is gone, there will be only Naruto and OP.
Konopan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 am Reply with quote
Toriko's already taken the bronze throne of WSJ, last I checked.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
Bleach will be entering its last story arc? I'm shocked here!

But seriously though, I never would have thought that Bleach would come to an end first because I thought that Naruto would be that but life sometimes throws a curve ball.

There are still a lot of questions I've had that still aren't answered and the Fullbringer arc is a massive disappointing follow up and Kubo has been in a major slump in a long while and I wonder if the final arc will finally get his juices going and bring the series back to respectability once when it reaches its final pages? There's so many things going on here.

Anyways, I better hope that Kubo can end the series on a good note because even after all of the recent slumps the series has gone through, I still have some faith that Kubo can end it well and fill in the questions that all fans have had for Bleach in a long time.
dragon695

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
I'd like to point out that "final arc" does not mean "ending soon". Naruto for example has been on what;s probably it's last arc for almost 2 years now and we're just getting towards the climax, and given how Kubo loves to drag things on in Bleach...I'd say we're still 5-8 years for the end unless JUMP forces him to speed things up.

I think Bleach is far more vulnerable to rushing. Both Naruto and OP are still going *very* strong and show no signs of ending. Sure, Naruto is at a fairly dramatic point, but even when that ends, are things just magically going to be awesome? I suspect there is still a lot of room for adventure and new things. Ditto for OP. Also, for Naruto, there is still the issue of how he is going to rehabilitate Sasuke and I'm sure there will be a lot of Team 7 stuff with respect to that. For both series, it really feels like we've only scraped the surface. I mean, how is it that freaking boxing manga can have 1000 chapters and still be going? No, I believe they will be going on for some time.

The problem with Bleach is you just don't get a similar feeling. I suspect that Bleach suffers a lot of the same problems Eyeshield did as it entered its later years. They painted themselves into a corner plotwise and left no room for expansion.

Konopan wrote:

One of the many mysteries of Japan is why this is.

Last edited by dragon695 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote
I welcome the news of Bleach manga reaching it's conclusion.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote
SaiyanHero16 wrote:
I never thought I'd live to see the day.
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quote
Based on the downward sloping ratings, I somehow doubt he'll have the leisure of dragging this arc out.

Although I haven't watched or read Bleach in almost a year -- except, sporadically, on Cartoon Network -- I'd much rather have seen One Piece get the axe, instead; I think Bleach is leagues better.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
I welcome the news of Bleach manga reaching it's conclusion.

Same. I own a case with the first 21 volumes and it's not even half the series. Everything needs to reach a conclusion eventually. If I start a series i want to read the end of it.
Maybe Kubo will go back and resume Zombiepowder once Bleach is over as that series was left without any sort of conclusion
daichi383

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote
I used to love bleach but it has been dragged out to the point of insanity. hope it has a good ending but this recent arc just had me cringing and moaning the whole way through so there might be no hope left for it. all i care about is kenpachi, isshin and urahara other than that i could care less at this point.

dragon695 wrote:
Konopan wrote:

One of the many mysteries of Japan is why this is.

I'm guessing because its good Rolling Eyes
Jacut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote
So it means there's some sort of hidden development in Bleach that would make an ending meaningful ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:

Maybe Kubo will go back and resume Zombiepowder once Bleach is over as that series was left without any sort of conclusion

I would love that too, but it was cancelled after only 4 volumes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 12