• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bandai Entertainment discontinued anime releases update

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote
This couldn't time at a better time, could it? I AM glad I picked up all their Code Geass manga, but I still need a few .hack//Roots volumes... I guess for now, I'll be watching the counter and waiting a few paycheques on those... Blahhh I was really hoping for a sale to pop up soon! Paying $19 for singles... It's just so hard to do >_>
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:23 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
You can still get Tokyo SOS Explorers on Amazon.

Fun film. Too bad the price deterred many folks.
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I love Hayate, for sure, but after some thought, I realize I don't HAVE have HAVE to own it. And one never knows, I've been lucky with some stuff lately, so there's a chance that at some point in the future I may come across someone who has all 8 sets and is looking to sell them.

I really wanted Hayate too, but definitely not at that price, I still wonder what exec thought it was a good idea to release it in 8 friggin' parts. I wonder what it would take to convince them to sneak in a last-minute AL set.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:34 pm Reply with quote
SeigiNoSenshi wrote:
Blood- wrote:
I love Hayate, for sure, but after some thought, I realize I don't HAVE have HAVE to own it. And one never knows, I've been lucky with some stuff lately, so there's a chance that at some point in the future I may come across someone who has all 8 sets and is looking to sell them.

I really wanted Hayate too, but definitely not at that price, I still wonder what exec thought it was a good idea to release it in 8 friggin' parts. I wonder what it would take to convince them to sneak in a last-minute AL set.

Yeah, before Bandai got out of the distrib biz (sorta) I always assumed that they would come out with some kind of release that shrank the 8 sets down to something more manageable - 2 sets of 26 eppies each, maybe? Well, perhaps somebody else will rescue the license in the future.
Rawrgodzilla

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote
Im thinking bout buying 2 copys of Gundam Seed Anime Legends part 1 and 2 (one for me and my friend) each on amazon but after hearing about anime legends part 1 with disc errors will Bandai still fix the disc or what? Considering I doubt now that the blu ray will be release since Bandai has pulled out of NA?
Daimyo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:49 pm Reply with quote
The only real disappointment for me on there was the Akira BD. Always wanted to own that one. Don't really care much for special features so if I see it lying around somewhere I'll probably buy it.
Cabal17

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Against my better judgement, I just dropped $177 to get all of Hayate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quote
I just mention this deal in this thread (since I've mentioned BVUSA stuff already)...via HamiltonBook.com.
supercreep

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
I just mention this deal in this thread (since I've mentioned BVUSA stuff already)...via HamiltonBook.com.

That's crazy. Consider it purchased.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

That release is amazing. A MUST HAVE for any Patlabor/Oshii fan. $10 is a steal for all of the bonuses it comes with. Practically an entire days worth of reading material. Main reason why I haven't imported the Blu-ray discs.

It comes in a polybag too. Total Japanese collector style.
Pantha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

Awesome. Thanks! I never bought from them before, but I jumped at the chance. Now all I need is the second Limited Edition movie and my Patlabor collection would be complete.
braves

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Pantha wrote:
WTK wrote:

Awesome. Thanks! I never bought from them before, but I jumped at the chance. Now all I need is the second Limited Edition movie and my Patlabor collection would be complete.
I took them up on the deal for the 1st movie and picked up the LE for the 2nd movie as well yesterday. The later is already out of stock at TRSI and there's less than a handful left at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Patlabor-2-Movie-Limited-Collectors/dp/B000FILUL0
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GDFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Rawrgodzilla wrote:
Im thinking bout buying 2 copys of Gundam Seed Anime Legends part 1 and 2 (one for me and my friend) each on amazon but after hearing about anime legends part 1 with disc errors will Bandai still fix the disc or what? Considering I doubt now that the blu ray will be release since Bandai has pulled out of NA?

But they have disc issues with all of their releases, singles and collections, so don't let that stop you. Lucky Star, GITS SAC 1&2, Cowboy Bebop, and My-Hime have all had defective discs for me. And that's almost half of what I own from them. They only one I replaced through Bandai(bebop) took them 5 weeks. Anyway, I would assume if they are still producing discs they will still be replacing defective ones.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote
GDFan wrote:
Lucky Star, GITS SAC 1&2, Cowboy Bebop, and My-Hime have all had defective discs for me. And that's almost half of what I own from them. They only one I replaced through Bandai(bebop) took them 5 weeks.

If your My-HiME discs are from the original singles then you might want to buy the Anime Legends box set of that since they actually fixed the problems only for that set.

Quote:
Anyway, I would assume if they are still producing discs they will still be replacing defective ones.

Their Gurren Lagann box set says the opposite since there have been reports of bad discs similar to their part set releases from years ago.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=102985
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=104084
http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?8243-Gurren-Lagann-(Anime-Legends)
GDFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:52 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
If your My-HiME discs are from the original singles then you might want to buy the Anime Legends box set of that since they actually fixed the problems only for that set.

I had just the opposite experience. I replaced a bad disc(volume 6) from the anime legends set with one of the singles, which played fine.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 15