• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Favorite Anime Intro and Ending Song!!!

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:53 am Reply with quote
Folks, just as a reminder, the rules say:

3) Threads and topics should carry some measure of intelligence to them. Consider if what you are writing is relevant or important to others. If it does not contribute to the discussion, do not post it. Please post detailed answers to questions, lists do not contribute.

Do not continue to post lists of songs without any sort of explanation as to why you like them. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Milmaid~Fallen Angel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:06 pm Reply with quote
KO~NE~CHI~WA~~!!
Hi...I'm new here,and I read all your opinion about your favourite animation song so I decided to share mine as well. :)

The song "Open up Your Mind" from Saiyuki.I like this song very much coz it clear mine mind everytime I feeling low... :lol:

"Shizukana Yoruni" or "Find The Way" from Gundam Seed & "Fields of Hope" From Gundam Seed Destiny.I like this few song is because of her sweet,beautiful and almost same like angel's voice that's make me keep on listening.. :D Just can't help it when hear her voice singing and I just.....sing alone without even realize it....;þ (and sometime I even rise mine own voice... :lol: )

"Doobee Doowop Communication" from the Ending theme of Rockman EXE Stream,the song cheep me up somehow just don't know the reason..haha... ^_^;; The Opening theme is also good and a bit rock too.

"The Shinning Road" from the second Ending theme of Sonic X
The song makes me feel relaxing that's why I like it but I can't find the song.... :cry: And so is the Digimon Froutiers Ending theme songs...... ;_; ..Can someone tell me where to download this few songs...???
Shirasagi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quote
To be perfectly honest, I'm not really a fan of Evangelion's Thesis of a Cruel Angel. The thing is, though, I don't know why I'm not fond of it.

Some of my favourite openings are Yakuso Ku wa Iranai from The Vision of Escaflowne and Give a Reason from Slayers NEXT, because they're both uplifting songs, and whenever I feel a little down, just listening to the intros of those makes me feel better. I also like Flying in the Sky from Mobile Fighter G Gundam - it's one of my guilty pleasures.

On the instrumental side of things, I've always liked the opening to Giant Robo, as it's reminiscent of those old sci-fi serials of the thirties and forties. The opening themes of Read or Die and R.O.D. The TV are cool and funky by their own rights, but the epitome of cool and funky has to go to Cowboy Bebop's Tank! Whenever I go on a trip, I usually make a compilation of anime music, and Tank! is always the first track.

As for anime ending themes, my two out-and-out favourites are Kokoro yo Genshi ni Modore from Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth (it is from Death and Rebirth, right?) and Midnight Blue from Slayers PERFECT.

I like Kokoro yo Genshi ni Modore for its intro ("Hikari yo... daiichi yo... kiryuu yo..."), and though its lyrics don't make much sense to me ("Those sad days will soon turn into fossils"), the song has an optimism to it which contrasts with the dark-ish ending to the movie (Asuka facing off against the EVA series).

As for Midnight Blue, I happen to think it's the best Slayers song going (I even prefer it over Give a Reason), probably because since Slayers PERFECT was the first "proper" anime I ever saw (I don't count things like Pokemon), it was the first J-Pop song I ever heard. Plus Megumi Hayashibara just sells it so well.

I also like the upbeat and rocking Tooku Made from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and The THRILL'S lounge-act like closer for Blue Submarine No. 6, Mina Soko ni Nemure.
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:48 am Reply with quote
Hmmm My favorites changes from time to time and largely depends on how often I've been listening to it and what I'm watching right now Anime smallmouth But currently my favorite intro is:

Loveless, Tsuki no Curse I love how well the opening sequence goes with the song and the melody itself is great. Kind of sad and melancholy in a good way.

Favorite ending:
Tsubasa Chronicles, Loop I love Maaya Sakamoto and although the anime itself was disappointing the song wasn't that bad and actually went well with the animation

Sousei no Aquarion, Err...don't know the name of the song Anime smile + sweatdrop but it's a very nice, almost Salva Nos like song in its music box quality. The lyrics are not based on any real language and doesn't mean anything. It was probably something the writer made up from Greek/Latin to make the song sound nice. Still, it had the desired affect and I like it.
lovehinafan1

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Hey ya'll! I don't think i've ever been here so i was just taking a look.
My favorite songs so far from animes are many. But i narrowed it down to my most favorites:
D-tecnolife" by UVERworld - I like this song because even if you didint knew what the heck they were saying, it sounds very meaning ful, and catchy Smile .But once i found the lyrics i loved it more becausse it was so deep.
Life is Like a Boat" by Rie Fu- It was a catchy song. I found my self singing it already after the second episode. Although i have to say the whole version is real good too.
Houkiboshi ??????" by Younha- Its a fun song, tis upbeat and yes teh lyrics are deep. I love listening to it over and over and over again.
Fukai Mori" by Do As Infinity-I dont know what it is, but whatever it is, it seems to be working. 'because its making me and my other freinds go crazy over thihs song. And the lyrics- Gosh dont get me started on them.
Every Heart - Minna no Kimochi" - I dont know, it was a real good and catchy song and the voice of this woman,so soothing to me.
"Every Little Thing" by Ai no Uta- I dont know, i guees the instrumentals and the voice got me liking this song.
"gravity" by Maaya Sakamoto- Do i even have to say it, the voice is great. And its in English... (i forgot which anime this is from)
Ike Ike" by Hinoi Team- VERY CATCHY! and its cute too. things about telling you to dance and it having that catchy beat... it got me dancing, dont know about you....
Shine of Voice" by dream- Its a nice song and a nice meanign to it.
I like some songs from Samurai champloo too, but i forgot their titles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aokage

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:09 am Reply with quote
I have had so many favorites as I gain exposure to more and more anime. For a while I used to like "Head Cha La" (Dragon Ball Z). After that, I was a huge fan of "Love Panic" (Ranma 1/2). At the moment though, my favorite intro song would have to be "Battlecry" from Samurai Champloo. I dig the mellow piano beat. At first I thought Shingo2 was just saying words for the sake of rhyming...but after listening carefully, I've discovered that he has some serious rhyme capacity. My favorite ending theme is still Viva Rock by Orange Range (Naruto). Not only was the song very energetic, but I really liked the animation that went along with it. All of the chibi characters were just hilarious to watch.
Aokage

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I think I want to some what adjust my choices. Battlecry is still my favorite intro, because of the down tempo beat and the clever lyrics...but I want to change my favorite end theme, to Wind. It is the first ending theme for Naruto. The song is just beautiful in terms of melody and lyrical content. Despite the obvious engerish singing...it is still a touching song.
Shamrock

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:08 am Reply with quote
Hmmmm, I can't really think of a particular opening song that I'm fond of. I guess Yu Yu Hakusho's OP is okay, so is FMA's, and One Piece's is fun. As for absolute fave, so long as they don't grate on my ears I'm cool with it.

Now for the ending song, I can actually think of one. And it surprises me since it's in Japanese and I usually don't care much for things I can't understand or don't want to take the time out to learn (I mean after four+ of years of Spanish, and that's supposed to be one of the easiest languages..... *sigh*). Anyway, it's Spiral's ending song. There's just something about it. It's really pretty and there was a couple verses that really caught my eye (such as: A day seems so long, but a year seems so short, or something like that). Other than that exception, the same thing applies to the ending song about it not grating on my ears.

Also, someone mentioned the Gravity song. I don't really know what anime this is from-- my cousin sent me this song via email one day and I loved it.

And that's a rap! LOL! Or should I say, 'That's an ending!' Rolling Eyes
Katratzi

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Openings:(I can't decide between these two)

"Yakusoku wa Iranai" by Maaya Sakamoto from Escaflowne. I think this is a beautiful and uplifting song. I also think Maaya Sakamoto has a wonderful voice.

"Inner Universe" by Origa from Ghost in the Shell:SAC. I think this is a very cool song with an upbeat tempo. I also think it is kinda techo and fits well with Ghost in the Shell.

Ending:

"Gravity" by Maaya Sakamoto from Wolf's Rain. This is another song by Maaya Sakamoto. She is my favorite Japanese singer. This song is beautiful but also sad. I think it fits well with this anime.
jungdawgg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:39 pm Reply with quote
My current favorite opening song is by Yoko Ishida. It's called Open Your Mind. It is the opening song to Ah My Goddess! It has a beautiful accompaniment plus has great harmony and chords. Plus it displays her excellent range and voice. I would recommend it to anyone. As for ending song...I love Kesanai Tsumi by Nana Kitade. As everyone knows, its the Ending song to Full Metal Alchemist. The upbeat rock beat is awesome. Its a fun song that I can listen to all day long.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:27 am Reply with quote
I posted in this thread awhile back, but I would like to add lithium flower to my ending themes. It's the English (for both the Japanese and English versions) ending song for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Nice song.

Edit: Heh. I have more to add. Naruto's "Seishun Kyosokyoku" is a very good song. It's really smooth and makes for a great opening to that part of the series. Also, the ending theme to match the opening would be "Mountain A Go Go Two," which is something I probably wouldn't have liked a long time ago. It has a neat retro sense to it, and the artist has a nice voice.

Last edited by Aromatic Grass on Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shinigami-Seishou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
3. Erementar Gerad- Forever...(Too bad they haven't released a full op)

They have. ^^ I'm listening to it right now actually. My top favorite opening has to be (well I have two oo)

Gunslinger Girl OP - The Light Before We Land by The Delgados!

I don't know why I like it. Maybe how it goes. I really like the beat, and the rythem to it. ^^;;. Another is...

Elfen Lied OP - Lilium by Konishi Kayo and Kondoo Yukio. It's really different for me being in Latin is one. But it's very emotional to me, along with the anime. Having remixes to it make it sound better. The song just want me to stop and think...about good things.

My top favo EDs have to be.....gosh I have a lot ;-;. Can I name some? lol.

Speed Grapher ED - Hinageshi no Oka by Shione Yukawa.
Besides liking the anime. The song is fun to sing Laughing It gives me a spark, for some odd reason. I'm still waiting for the full version Evil or Very Mad . The singer is different, that's for sure. -_-;.

Loveless ED- Michiyuki by Hikida Kaori I love this song! Like speed grapher fun to sing! The background music gives me a nice feeling, listening to it over and over. It gets kind of mixed then it stops with just a piano and a voice. I like that. Very Happy

Naruto ED (9th) - Nakushita Kotoba by No Regret Life I loved this song the minute I heard it. The Chorus part in this is my favorite part which brings me to love it the most! It's fun to sing also. I was so happy when the full version came around! The beat to this reminds me of ....o.0 Shino. For some reason. Laughing

Trinity Blood ED - Broken Wings by Tomoko Tane This song is kind of sad to me. Though I'm loving it. Not in Japanese in English! I love the piano in the song at the very end!!! The words to this reminds me of a lonly angel. (Is Air poping into mind....oo?). A little bit of it is in Japanese but ...yeah. I was really confused at one part. When she song "How far should I go drifting in the wind." Sounds like she is saying rain.....

Ok that's it I guess ^^; Though Starship operators ED and Xenosagas ED are great to!
red stranger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I like all the Intros and outros for Cowboy Bebop, TV and Movie. The outros capture the sad undertones of the show, while TANK! is just so unexpected and fun - just like the show. Ask DNA from the film has fun lyrics.

I also like the Intro & Outro for Trigun, though. Again, they display two different sides of the show, action, and Vash's journey.

For some reason, I can't get the theme from Cromartie High out of my head. I think it's because it's a sort of fun country tune...
Flipnofunk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:15 am Reply with quote
Eureka 7 - "Days" by FLOW
probably my favorite song right now. Every time i listen to it i just makes me want to him the whole song (subliminal huming muhahaha...ehm)

Naruto - "Wind" by Akeboshi
this song is what started my singing (of terror) of OP/ED. Every time i listen to this song it makes me think of sitting on a hill or field with out any distractions. ( it's in english but it hard to understand what he says Laughing )

Samurai Champloo - "Shiki no Uta (Song of the Seasons)" by Minmi
im not the type that likes RnB though i listen to quite a few( i like jazz thanks to my friends and some rock thanks to my bro ) but i like this song because it's alot calming(though its kinda werid listening to Japanese RnB and i have nothing against it)

Lupin III - Theme of Lupin III
ah back to the old days (im 15 so don't think that im old) since there are many themes to Lupin III i don't know what too put. The one i love the most isn't even from the series is from a ska band called Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra (or Skapara for short) which made an amazing reinditon of the theme.

Fullmetal Alchemist - "Rewrite" by ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION
probably my favorite of the 4 Op. just like the rest it just another song i like to (destroy every ones ears too) hum too

Edit Rahxephon: Pluralitas Concentio - "tune the rainbow" by Maaya Sakamoto
i can't belive i forgot this song so far this is my favorite Jpop song. this song is a slow song and has a somewhat a happy feeling when i listen to this song (btw this is the film not the series)

Well thats it for now but that just a few i guess

Last edited by Flipnofunk on Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neo-Yasha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:45 pm Reply with quote
O.K., biggest favs. for the opening songs are: Shell, Witch Hunter Robin; Tank, from Cow Boy Bebop; Endless Dream, Angelus, I Am, Change the World from Inu-Yasha; Cruel Angles Thesis, Evangelion; Sakura Saku (man, this song makes your two tap) from Love Hina, Unerasable Sin, from Fullmetal Alchemist and either my second or third fav. Invoke, from Gundam Seed. For Real, from Saiyuki, of course is needed. Enjoyable endings are;Fukai Muri, Grip,Yura Yura(yet i have no clue why..) and Come from Inu-Yasha. I normally find that Animes have more quiet songs for the endings, so i haven't found too many ending songs to my liking.

Gundam Wing has a cool tecno song called Rythm Emotion Two Mix while Shaman King has a nice song called Northern Lights and a background battle music i think called Brave Heart. Rurouni Kenshin has a cool battle music song called Kokoro no Hadaka and a less edgy song called Tactics. H.T. from Trigun..vary cool. White Reflection from Gundam Wing, of course must be in this list.

The Weirdest song i ever heard has Got to be Sobakasu aka: Freckles, for Rurouni Kenshin. It has this hard rock, edgy feeling to it at the beginning, then it just changes right around. It leaves with a vary strong feeling of, “What the *Bad word*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 17