• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Favorite Anime Intro and Ending Song!!!

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hideaki-san

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote
(Ah first post here!)

I'm really rather fond of One Piece's 11th opening, "Share The World".

For endings I think my all time favorite is Soul Eater's 3rd. Though it's name slips my mind right now. Right behind it though is Hitman Reborn's 4th ED, "Friends". More particularily the one episode Kyoko & Haru version.
vashna

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote
You know, I haven't seen Madoka yet but that almost sounds like it would be an ironic closing theme for a show like that. I would have thought it would have had something rather bubbly, but I guess I was wrong. I can't wait to see that series, though, to be honest.

While I realize it's not an anime, per say, have you ever seen the cartoon Huntik: Secrets & Seekers? The theme from it had a sort of pop power metal sound that you might be interested in.

Edit: Ah, very sorry Hideaki-san, I hadn't seen your post! I was replying to Jose Cruz' comments. I didn't mean to scare you off at all! It's great to have you aboard. You might want to post an introduction in the appropriate thread.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Vashna your so rude, scaring away new members Razz

@ Jose Cruz have you heard Maximum the Hormone's opening and High and for Death Note or Watamote's first opening - fairly similar genre, in my book anyways.

@Hideaki-san I am am a fan of the LMC songs Boys and Girls (second opening) and 88 (4th opening) I always thought Reborn! Has a good sound track.

On a side note welcome to the forum and a Vashna said its worth introducing yourself in the Introduction tread found in the Anime section Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quote
By the way it looks like we never actually answered Hideaki-san's post before. Wow, Tsuna, you're right! I should be chastised for scaring away new members xD Jokes aside, Hideaki-san, the 3rd ending theme you're looking for is Batsou Yume Uta by Soul'd Out's Diggy-Mo I believe. By the way, I really like the ending that STANCE PUNKS did for that series, but naturally I would be the one to say that. I have a tendency to praise any punk rock theme made, so I have to admit that I'm more than a little biased.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:13 pm Reply with quote
"Tank!" from Cowboy Bebop is easily my favorite opening song.

Other notables include "My Soul, Your Beats!" from Angel Beats!, "Sorairo Days" from Gurren Lagann, "Hacking to the Gate" from Steins;Gate, and "Hikari no Senritsu" from Sound of the Sky.

As for endings, I'd have to go with "Ride on Shooting Star" from FLCL as my favorite.

Other endings I like are "Tsukiakari" from Darker Than Black, "Magia" from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, "Don't Say Lazy" from K-On!, and "Bookmark Ahead" from Strike Witches.
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:36 pm Reply with quote
It seems that "Tank!" must be a really popular one with just about all of us from these responses. My best friend in real life has the Fooly Cooly soundtrack CD. We always used to rock out to "Ride on Shooting Star" and "Blues Drives Monster" from that soundtrack collection. The same friend seems to think "Don't Say Lazy" is 'spiritually' an Evanescence song.
HoshiNoMiko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote
Well I know there's one song I almost always crank up the volume to when it comes on my iPod and that's Kagirinai Answer the opening from Dirty Pair Flash. It's just got such a bouncy tune to it and I can't help but sing along (even if I do get odd looks from other drivers as they pass me Anime hyper). I haven't seen the anime it's from in years and years, but that opening has always stuck to me. When it comes to my favourite closing song, well these things change constantly but lately it's been Anna ni Issho Datta no ni, the closing to Gundam Seed. For the most part I cannot stand that anime, but I really like the music that's come from it, and I've always thought that particular song to be quite beautiful.
vashna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity, while I realize that most people give you weird looks for singing the Dirty Pair Flash song, does anyone ever recognize it? It would be so cool if someone actually knew what that was, though I unfortunately have some doubts that they would have recognized it.
HoshiNoMiko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Passengers in my car do because some of them have seen parts of Dirty Pair Flash and I only have my anime music going when friends of mine are in the car. As for drivers passing me, well I doubt they can hear what I am listening to, they just see me singing to whatever I have playing in my car and think I am a nut job for doing such a thing. Occasionally there have been times when I've had my window rolled down and there's been another car pulled up beside mine with theirs rolled down as well, but they've never given any indication they know what the song is.
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:29 am Reply with quote
Yeah, what I was hoping for was that some person on the road would recognize what the song was. That's probably extremely wishful thinking on my behalf, though. I remember talking to someone wearing an Inuyasha t-shirt in a video store, and he actually had no clue what it was of. Apparently he just liked the artwork.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:38 am Reply with quote
vashna wrote:
he actually had no clue what it was of. Apparently he just liked the artwork.

Character design or cover art on a DVD used to be my reason for picking it. I have a couple of posters as well that I have no clue what they are from but I lived the design.

(Just to keep this relevant) I have started watching Black Lagoon and I was really surprised when I first heard the ending song as I was not expecting something so eerie. At first I was unsure if I liked it but after a few more episodes I listen to it every time. I'm not quite sure why as there is not a lot to it but it is very haunting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I can totally understand choosing a series based on what the cover design looks like. I have done it myself to be honest. I picked up watching Ushio and Tora because the DVD art looked really nice, so that interested me. However, what I was saying was that the individual in question wasn't particularly familiar with anime. He simply thought that the image of Inuyasha swinging around the Tetsuaiga looked really neat.
Vracer111

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Previously I would have said that Tank! would be my Favorite intro song - it just has a certain quality and vibe that make you instantly associate it with Cowboy Bebop - I don't think there is any way in the world the song could be disassociated with Cowboy Bebop, it and the series are one.

But then Attack on Titan came along and gave my both my current favorite opening and ending. The opening is the second one, Jiyuu No Tsubasa, and if you listen to the full version it just blows away the first one and actually contains the main theme of the first opening towards the end. It is just the most epic anime opening I can think of from the most epic anime series I've ever seen.

My favorite ending song is the first one from Attack on Titan, Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai. It set a solemn tone akin to the seriousness of AOT before just ripping into an intense ballad theme... continuing on in AoT tradition.

I really like the music from Attack on Titan and ended up purchasing the OST album, which does not have the OP or ED. Well I finally just broke down and purchased the singles for the OP and ED1...I just like them that much. As much as I like the OP and ED though, the OST track Vogel im Kafig (#7) is my favorite AoT song...an incredibly beautiful and powerful ballad full of emotion.
ravengrey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:34 pm Reply with quote
vashna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I have noticed that I would say around half of the posts on here, including several of my own, have mentioned Tank! as a favorite anime intro song. I think I've said it before, but if you heard that song on the radio or something and you weren't familiar with it I doubt you'd associate it with anything. In this case, I'd say that's a really big compliment. Anyone who has heard the famous piece Take Five notes the importance of a freeform jazz piece that can stand on it's own. I could see Tank! being mixed in with a play list on some kind of college jazz radio station.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 17