• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Going to Town

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TornadoTatsumaki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
Unleashed was... such a huge disappointment.

Just... abolished anything besides those daytimes levels and you would've had a fun game. .-.
To those who claim Sonic Unleashed is a huge dissapointment:

You're all fools. Everyone expect the gaming sites seems to enjoy this game. There are dozens of reviews on youtube of people that say that the werhog levels aren't all bad and that this game is better then Sonic Heroes and this game cannot be compared to Sonic '06. at Sonicstadium.org basically everyone likes this game( and before you claim that because it's a sonic fan site that that's obvious) might I remind you that there were more than enough people on that site that hated Sonic '06.
sepherest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I cannot wait to get my phone call for Persona 4.
I pre-ordered the game the day I got my announcement E-mail from Atlus, which was nearly half a year ago. I love that the game leans more towards the style of Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment, which I find to be the best of the Persona series.
As for now I guess I'll stick with playing the SMT: Imagine beta for now.
Akatsukiwolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:33 am Reply with quote
Lolz @ Secret Ties.
Uthred

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:28 pm Reply with quote
I thought the appeal of the Wrestle Angel games was the incredibly deep management system ? I haven't played them but thats what I've seen written in a few reviews. And really considering the amount of eroge out there theres no reason to settle for "not even softcore" wrestling grot.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:29 pm Reply with quote
It's all about Persona 4 here! Ha! I just can't wait to get started! Lots of my fave Persona from Persona 3 will be in there to summon again.
Lucca_Ashtear

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quote
DFBTG wrote:
Oh well. Hopefully (price wise) P4 will turn out like Eternal Poison. That is, a few weeks after it's released go down to $20. I'd be willing to pay full price, but if it's cheaper, why pay more?

Where are they selling Eternal Poison for $20? I can't find it for less than $40 but I certainly can't resist picking it up at half-price.

I've been buying Atlus titles regularly since the late nineties and honestly, you're better off not waiting. With only a few notable exceptions their games go out-of-print before they get marked down. Even with the success of Persona 3, they're still a niche company, after all.
DFBTG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Lucca_Ashtear wrote:
DFBTG wrote:
Oh well. Hopefully (price wise) P4 will turn out like Eternal Poison. That is, a few weeks after it's released go down to $20. I'd be willing to pay full price, but if it's cheaper, why pay more?

Where are they selling Eternal Poison for $20? I can't find it for less than $40 but I certainly can't resist picking it up at half-price.

I've been buying Atlus titles regularly since the late nineties and honestly, you're better off not waiting. With only a few notable exceptions their games go out-of-print before they get marked down. Even with the success of Persona 3, they're still a niche company, after all.

Sadly, it turns out it was just a deal at Amazon that ended Monday (at least, I think that was the last time I saw it like that). However, currently it's $30. Whether that'll change or not...who knows? Eternal Sonata has been hovering around $20-25 for quite some time now, so the $30 price tag for Eternal Poison might stay.
I really do wish they'd print more. Sure, I can find most I want online (except Digital Devil Saga 2...I don't like buying used, especially online), but I'd much rather go to a store and buy a game, unless there's a nice deal online. Of course, depending on the title, the game itself might take some searching, let alone finding a deal.
braves

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I didn't even know that a Chun-Li movie was in the works. Guess they didn't learn from the first live-action movie that got released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sergiyakun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Idk if I should be excited for suikoden. I have only played part one and loved it, i cant find any other sequels in the market here in Miami. As for anime fighting games. Guilty Gears wins regardless of whats coming soon or not. =P
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hurricanefransee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:22 pm Reply with quote
persona 4's release could not be better. ill be able to finish all my finals and then treat my self to a sweet reward that will rob me of sleep for the whole break.
Lucca_Ashtear

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quote
DFBTG wrote:

Sadly, it turns out it was just a deal at Amazon that ended Monday (at least, I think that was the last time I saw it like that). However, currently it's $30. Whether that'll change or not...who knows? Eternal Sonata has been hovering around $20-25 for quite some time now, so the $30 price tag for Eternal Poison might stay.
I really do wish they'd print more. Sure, I can find most I want online (except Digital Devil Saga 2.

Ah, I should of figured as much. Thank you, though.

Yeah, I hear ya. I eventually caved in and bought a used copy of DDS2 (they only reprinted the first title, I believe) and I managed to find one in near-mint condition. I don't think a reprint is an impossibility, though. If the game starts to get in really high demand, Atlus may consider it. Yet so far, the used prices have been pretty stable (around $40). You may be able to find it offline (used, most likely) through the Gamestop/EB site.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2