• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Poll: 35.3% of Japanese Middle School Girls Bought Animation CDs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I like how it dips in the 20s but picks back up in the 30s and 40s.

Anime music is awesome. Image songs are my favorite. Nothing like hearing your favorite characters sing.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I've bought a few K-On Character CDs, myself. If I lived in Japan where it was much easier to buy, I could see myself buying them for many of my favorite anime. They're pretty cheap ways to support the anime plus you can still put them on your shelf.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote
many good songs were picked for anime theme, why to buy many music that's not related to anime.
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quote
If it wasn't so expensive to buy/import Japanese CD's I would buy a lot more than I do.

But, I have bought a few Rookiez is Punk'd singles and their album, A few LM.C singles, and both Abingdon Boys School albums.

I would like to buy more, but I just can't afford it. Maybe if I didn't buys so much anime and manga...
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
I have a ton of anime cds. I imported 1 of them, the rest I got by other means. Soul Eater is probably my favorite set of soundtracks; the series had fantastic music.
nargun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

Note that this is sales, not consumption. People can buy for others to listen to. Hrm!
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

Anime music is awesome. Image songs are my favorite. Nothing like hearing your favorite characters sing.
I can see that as parents, or relatives either buying it for their tweens and teens offspring, or giving them the money to do so up until they get cut off from that in their 20's with having to spend their money on university, or getting low wage jobs with no disposable spare money for such luxuries as anime CD's at first, but later in their lives that is no longer the case, although with the recession still keeping unemployment at very high figures, I think it would be best to take this poll with a grain of salts.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:39 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
TitanXL wrote:

I can see that as parents, or relatives either buying it for their tweens and teens offspring, or giving them the money to do so up until they get cut off from that in their 20's with having to spend their money on university, or getting low wage jobs with no disposable spare money for such luxuries as anime CD's at first, but later in their lives that is no longer the case, although with the recession still keeping unemployment at very high figures, I think it would be best to take this poll with a grain of salts.

That's when they become housewives and mooch off of their husbands' take-home earnings. Laughing
(In Japan, wives expect to control the household financials, while giving their husbands allowance.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1