• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece Kaizoku Musou Game Gets Half-Million Pre-Orders

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeumanProductions

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
That goes to show the branding power that One Piece and Bandai have along with Sony.
I actually am aware of a few of the people who are sprting for the Gold PS3 bundle. And one of them has a PS3 already.
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Oh how times change.

I can remember it was only a couple of years ago Namco Bandai were playing favourites with the Xbox only release of Vespiria. Guess that didn't work out quite as well as they'd hoped if it's all PS3 now.

Still don't really care about any of their games to be honest. If they won't make the effort to bring out these titles outside of Japan then I'm not interested.
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm really glad that the One Piece game is already doing good in Japan. It makes me have high expectations for it. I just hope it does good in America because that would probably make them think twice about releasing one piece games in America.
On a second note can't wait to hear Brooks English voice if it gets here.
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:32 am Reply with quote
Oh please please please release that One Piece game here.
NeumanProductions

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Last time I heard the game is getting established for a NA release sometime this year. I'll try keeping up to date on that but as for now, the new Naruto Storm game will be fine for me.

However, this could help move other anime based games that don't make it that often over here, especially the dating-sim ones considering the simplicity of recoding in english from japanese now of days is getting more and more easy. Plus, most fans prefer hearing the japanses vocals so sometimes they wouldn't even have to recode the audio. Just look at how most visual novels are done when they get licensed for NA release. Especially depending on the engine they can be easy to edit.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:49 am Reply with quote
$100 for a console game sounds ridiculous... But throw in that PS3 and the extras, about $500 for all of it doesn't sound too bad.

You would have to really like One Piece, though.
population_tire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
If I had a job and didn't buy a PS3 over Black Friday, I would definitely buy it since PS3s aren't region restricted.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
$100 for a console game sounds ridiculous...

Damned foreign economies.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Technically it's not "$100" it's 8190 Yen. The US dollar is just weak so if you look at it from an American perspective, then yes, you'd pay more since you need more US dollars to equate that price in yen. Main flaw with converting prices to USD and then assuming it'd be priced 100$ here, when it's not the case..
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
$100 for a console game sounds ridiculous... But throw in that PS3 and the extras, about $500 for all of it doesn't sound too bad.

You would have to really like One Piece, though.

around 8000 Yen for a game is very normal. not sure where are you getting the idea of $100. they don't accept USD in store.
tring to convert yen to dollar doesn't work because it changes by the min. Today could be $1 for 80 yens. next week could be $1 for 82 yens. 10 years later could be $1 for 100 yen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1