• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cartoon Network October Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaphdash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:18 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
No, SEED will be on hiatus for a while, since it's a pretty long series. I beleive CN did the same thing with G Gundam last year. Besides, the first three volumes of SEED will be available on DVD by then.

G Gundam actually aired in 2002, and it was shown in its completion the first time through, as was every single other Gundam series to go to Cartoon Network (except for First Gundam, which was cancelled). If SEED is merely on hiatus, it's a first for a Gundam series on CN.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:17 pm Reply with quote
What zaphdash said. Personally, I think Cartoon Network just doesn't care about properly running Gundam anymore, nor does Bandai care what CN does with it. They dumped Mobile Suit Gundam twice, ran Char's Counterattack once and forgot about it, the OVAs were pretty much tossed out there to fend for themselves (I'm convinced the only reason they completed their runs is that they were short), they dropped SD Gundam Force (didn't CN fund that series' production or something?), they've now dumped SEED (I wouldn't expect it back personally), and have barely advertised anything since MS Gundam. Hell, they actually singled out SEED in their Toonami advertisements as the one show they never mentioned. The only time that series was ever given advertisement was a single spot that ran a scant few times for maybe the first six episodes of its run.

It's a miracle G Gundam survived, as CN hasn't really given a damn about any Gundam since Wing. If it didn't become "the next Wing" or ride that series' coattails to an "instant hit," it was cast aside. Lovely.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The Funkee Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:48 pm Reply with quote
If it is going to air in toonami, are they going to shoe the opening theme?
demon_kinsin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:53 pm Reply with quote
I hope its a new edit. I mean since its on at 10:30. They should start at the beginnig though for new viewers and they should show the last arc. Forget religous reasons. (no offence)
Proman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see Rurouni Kenshin back. Let's hope that this time there'll be less edits. By the way does anyone know if they're going to show new Lupin episodes?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:11 pm Reply with quote
demon_kinsin wrote:
I hope its a new edit. I mean since its on at 10:30. They should start at the beginnig though for new viewers and they should show the last arc. Forget religous reasons. (no offence)

The only way they could show a new edit is if the contract expired and they re-purchased it. That's how they were able to run Big O uncut. Hasn't been nearly long enough for them to go through all that with Kenshin, so odds are this is the same Rurouni Cut-up that ran previously.

Also, consider the lack of a third arc a blessing. Kyoto's a great ending spot (well...when half of it isn't left on the cutting room floor...) and the third arc is just more of the same inane filler that was shown in the first arc (the sumo wrestler & Yahiko carnival episodes, for example...also that pirate island one).

Proman wrote:
By the way does anyone know if they're going to show new Lupin episodes?

There won't be. They did with it long ago what they're doing to Conan now; they turned down more episodes and are just running the ones they have until the contract expires. Shame, too. Seems as though Lupin's catching on in its purgatory-rerun state.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Vekou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Everything in the 1:30 AM slot needs to be moved one space to the right.

Oh, and Kenshin will be edited the same as it was. Sad

Last edited by Vekou on Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
LightNightmare148

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Is Megas XLR even anime??

Why is it there? Confused
Vekou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:41 pm Reply with quote
LightNightmare148 wrote:
Is Megas XLR even anime??

Why is it there? Confused

No, it is not anime. I assume it's just because they didn't notice and forgot to take it out.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:46 pm Reply with quote
My guess is that Megas is there because it's rather popular among anime fans, even if it itself isn't anime.
Animefan16

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Toonami is not the Anime block of CN. It's just when they show action shows. Yes, most of their shows are anime but they also show American action cartoons, such as Justice League. Megas XLR is there because it's an action cartoon.

Last edited by Animefan16 on Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Realfolkblues

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm really happy about the Read or Die showing. But I'm just as upset too. I know there are a few parts they are going to edit. Mainly in part 3.
king_micah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Eh, we shall see. They did quite good with Animatrix.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
Toonami is not the Anime block of CN. It's just when they show action shows. Yes, most of their shows are anime but they also show American action cartoons, such as Justice League. Megas XLR is there because it's an action cartoon.

They ment why is it still on the grid here after Tempest took all of the non anime shows off. I agree with Nagisa, it wasn't a mistake, they even gave an episode listing for it, for which I'm thankful.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:57 am Reply with quote
Hm, just read on Gunota that apparently Cartoon Network did only order the first twenty-six episodes of Gundam SEED. Any takers on whether or not they'll actually pony up for the second half? Somehow I'm still skeptical, especially given their recent track record of only getting partial series (Kenshin, Conan, Lupin).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3