• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Graphic Novel Goodness

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:24 am Reply with quote
I really like Trigun Maximum also. It's growing on me, and when not compare to the anime, it's one of my favorite manga. Excellent cover for volume 2 with Wolfswood, we don't want Vash on all the covers now. Can't wait for volume 3 in November.
Rah-Rah

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:35 am Reply with quote
Thank you for finally reviewing AS and Descendents Of Darkness. I have been likeing a lot of gothic shoujo lately, and stuff like berserk and hellsing, and it has been good. Oh, and how come you never, ever review berserk or hellsing? Just wondering. Kaori Yuki Forever!
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:10 am Reply with quote
Volume 2 of Angel Sanctuary was reviewed back in June here, so I'm not sure what you mean by "finally reviewing."

Descendants of Darkness only recently got reviewed as its "street date" was only in August.

I'm actually working on acquiring the most recent volumes of Berserk and Hellsing. I review what I can obtain and afford, so please be patient and thanks for reading! Anime smile
Rah-Rah

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:33 am Reply with quote
Oh, sorry. I meant I'm happy you are finally reviewing vol.3 and I'm happy decendents of darkness came out here at all. Kaori Yuki Forever!
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:10 am Reply with quote
I may check out the Escaflowne manga just to see all the differences from the anime
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:13 am Reply with quote
It doesn't suprise me that the Escaflowne manga has not been held in much high regard. Most manga based off of anime don't fare too well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
aisasami

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh come on, Case Closed is NOt that bad as a manga (Maybe more of a hard Where is Waldo kind of manga?)

BTW, where is the Case Closed manga at? I checked Waldenbooks and Suncoast and no manga. >>;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:11 pm Reply with quote
aisasami wrote:
(Maybe more of a hard Where is Waldo kind of manga?)

That's a weird comparison. =P

I've thought about Trigun Maximum, but don't really know the whole plot of it and such. Leaves me a bit skeptical, but maybe I'll give it a go round.

Ah. Money. It's an evil thing. =/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Rah-Rah wrote:
Thank you for finally reviewing AS and Descendents Of Darkness. I have been likeing a lot of gothic shoujo lately, and stuff like berserk and hellsing, and it has been good. Oh, and how come you never, ever review berserk or hellsing? Just wondering. Kaori Yuki Forever!

I'm pretty sure you enjoy these series. Well if you know a series is good and you plan on buying it anyways, why do you need a review for it. I always look for reviews of title I havn't read before rather title I know I read and already collecting. Just makes more sense.

aisasami wrote:
Oh come on, Case Closed is NOt that bad as a manga (Maybe more of a hard Where is Waldo kind of manga?)

BTW, where is the Case Closed manga at? I checked Waldenbooks and Suncoast and no manga. >>;

Saw it at B&N. Didn't pick it up though, because it didn't seem that interesting. What's worst is they have a picture of a little kid (Conan) on the cover which looks dorky.
aisasami

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:17 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:

aisasami wrote:

Saw it at B&N. Didn't pick it up though, because it didn't seem that interesting. What's worst is they have a picture of a little kid (Conan) on the cover which looks dorky.

But, I <3 dorks and the cover. >>;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:53 pm Reply with quote
aisasami wrote:

You're right, it isn't "that bad" which is why it's a borrow it title. As far as being "not bad" in regards to the cases being boring and easy to solve...I still stand by my original opinion. :p

As far as where Case Closed is at your bookstores...I don't know. I'd call your Waldenbooks or Suncoast or whatever and have them call when it comes in.

Shiki MSHTS wrote:
I've thought about Trigun Maximum, but don't really know the whole plot of it and such. Leaves me a bit skeptical, but maybe I'll give it a go round.

Trigun/Trigun Max = same - just to clear that up.

If you have flipped through Trigun and decided that you just don't find it appealing...no one is forcing you to buy it. :p Some people just don't like the style (story or art-wise) of Trigun. Since this volume was kinda "filler" stuff...I'd recommend getting Trigun Volume 1 before you grab Trigun Maximum 2.
Rah-Rah

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:49 pm Reply with quote
[quote="darkhunter"]
Rah-Rah wrote:

I'm pretty sure you enjoy these series. Well if you know a series is good and you plan on buying it anyways, why do you need a review for it. I always look for reviews of title I havn't read before rather title I know I read and already collecting. Just makes more sense.

I'm happy because I want as many people to buy those deries as possible, and since I know there are people who buy whatever she says is worth buying, it's a good thing. I also like her prasieing the series I like Very Happy . Kaori Yuki Forever!
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:05 pm Reply with quote
*Stares at the Kaori Yuki forever comments* Wow... and I thought I was a Kaori Yuki freak.

I'm having a real trip re-reading Angel Sanctuary now that viz is releasing it. I forgot how slow it seemed in the beginning *maybe that's just because I know what's ahead* and man, reading it now with you already saying it's the most messed up story line around, it seriously cracks me up. I wouldn't doubt that it's true, but it REALLY gets more... crazy. And yet with all the crazy twist ahead Kaori Yuki still manages to keep ahold of you and not quite confuse the hell out of you. I haven't been able to swing by to the store to pick up volume 3 yet. Hopefully I'll see an improvment on Viz's editing. *Still mad with them over the last couple volumes*

I can't wait to see Mad Hatter again. *_*
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:14 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
with you already saying it's the most messed up story line around, it seriously cracks me up. I wouldn't doubt that it's true, but it REALLY gets more... crazy.

I put that it is a "strong contender" in the race for most messed-up storyline. Who knows, the further in it gets, it could very easily reign supreme. :p
Falcon5768

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who doesnt find Hitomei at all attractive in the Manga...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2