• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Question about ANNCast

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shukero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Hey everyone!

I'm new here, as you can tell by my post counts and I really got into this community via the ANNCAST which I found from a search on anime/japanese culture/anime industry podcast search.

Here is my question:

Do they do this live? If so how do we know / what time does it usually start? If not how do we know what questions to put up to twitter for the upcoming episode for next week? Just a bit confused on these, Thanks for the answers in advance!

~Shukero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
ANNCast is recorded in advance, I believe on Wednesday evenings, then edited and released some time on Friday afternoon.

As for questions, every ANNCast page has the following at the bottom:

Quote:
Have questions for the ANNCast crew? Tweet 'em to @ANNZac! Or check out the community forums thread about the show, or send email questions to zac@animenewsnetwork dot com!

Announcements pertaining to it are made from Zac Bertschy's twitter account. I don't think that I've heard an e-mail question, which perhaps tend to be unwieldy, answered in a long, Zac doesn't even mention sending them that way in the shows anymore, and remember no specific question from the forum ever being addressed, which is probably impractical anyway, but I could be wrong, and sometimes general themes that arise in the discussion for an episode will be mentioned in a subsequent one.

The next episode, with Erin Finnegan and her husband, is to be recorded tonight, at roughly midnight, Eastern Standard Time.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shukero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Thanks a lot! That's very helpful!

It's just too bad that these shows are only anncounced on twitter, since I'm not that interested in any social media outlet except for google+ Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1