• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
U.S. Discontinued / OOP Anime Thread

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:59 am Reply with quote
^ That is what I thought too. If they acquired Wing wouldn't ANN make an article about it confirming that it was rescued? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:45 pm Reply with quote
http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?9894-Fullmetal-Alchemist-Brotherhood-amp-Fullmetal-Alchemist-the-Movie-expiring-3-31-2016&p=75839&viewfull=1#post75839
Quote:
The Brotherhood OVAs will also be expiring at the same time as the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood TV episodes. Milos is not included.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know what is going on with Media Blasters expired titles? Ah My Goddess Season 1 for example, years ago MB said their rights for it expired and now suddenly Rightstuf has gotten copies of the boxset in stock. At first I assumed that perhaps they found a forgotten box in their warehouse and are selling leftover stock, but then a member in my group reported that a set they purchased there contained DVD-R discs (which is a recent thing that MB is doing for their releases).

Did they magically get their license back and decide not to tell anyone? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:40 pm Reply with quote
^ They have streaming rights to the series, so pressing more DVD copies (DVD-R or not) don't surprise me one bit. There is no way to know truly know if a series is expired and/or if they are allowed to press more copies to a certain date.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:01 pm Reply with quote
But they flat out said their license expired: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=387947307955195&id=134953719921223&comment_id=2566505&offset=0&total_comments=1

And in a Fandom Post post you made in 2013 you, WTK, put down AMG as being a title that was confirmed to be no longer their license: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?20037-Media-Blasters-licenses-status-update

How can they pump out discs for something that they said they don't have the home release license to anymore? Better yet, isn't licensing for streaming and home release two completely separate agreements? Sorry but this doesn't make sense to me. Confused
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:35 pm Reply with quote
^ It's possible that MB renew the home video rights. It may be possible the MB gave the wrong info (not sure how) on rights expiring. We also don't know if their home video rights goes together with their streaming rights now. There is no way to know for sure since license expiration/renewal specific details usually aren't revealed.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Kill la Kill DVD Volume 3 is reportedly out of print. Customers who ordered it for the holiday sale are being told by minions that there are no more copies coming.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11