• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, November 18-25

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Boy. I know it's nothing new, but I'm always amazed at manga, or comic series in general, that can be around for such a long time and still be best sellers.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quote
This is interesting when only four out of the top 30 titles were ranked last week. There must have been an awful lot of releases last week then.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Giant Killing is a series I would really like to see licensed. I'm not a fan of soccer, but the art looks so cool I don't really care ("The Eyeshield 21 Effect" if you will). From what I've heard it tells the story more from the coach's point of view than the team's.

Also...is that the final volume of Mushishi??? And I really like that Tsubasa cover!
musouka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Ooo, GREAT to see Kinou Nani Tabeta on there. It's easily her best work, and I say that as someone who adored both Flower of Life and Antique Bakery.
Agoston

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:58 am Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
Also...is that the final volume of Mushishi??? And I really like that Tsubasa cover!
Yup, Mushishi finishes at volume 10. I'm also kinda surprised Tsubasa is at the top.. I didn't know it was that popular and it isn't that hot over here either. Hmm, Future Diary's been catching my interest. I hope Tokyopop doesn't back out with the publishing halfway like they did with Life and a bunch of other manga.
Aylinn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:10 am Reply with quote
Tsubasa is at the top Shocked amazing

The plot is so contrived, flashbacks boring as hell and to cap it all it has also butchered XXXHolic (Watanuki Anime cry) and CCS. Yet, despite all of this, Tsubasa is still so popular Shocked
Eira

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:54 am Reply with quote
Aylinn wrote:
Tsubasa is at the top Shocked amazing

The plot is so contrived, flashbacks boring as hell and to cap it all it has also butchered XXXHolic (Watanuki Anime cry) and CCS. Yet, despite all of this, Tsubasa is still so popular Shocked

I personally think that the Tsubasa manga is becoming more interesting than ever now that the story seems to be nearing its end. Sure, things have been kind of confusing up until now, and I understand those who think that the whole story is a mess, but I love how we finally are getting answers to some of the countless questions. I also enjoy the connections with xxxHolic a lot. I'm really looking forward to see how CLAMP is going to end it all.

Anyway, it's nice to see that Tsubasa's is doing well on the ranking.
Aylinn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:41 am Reply with quote
Eira wrote:

I personally think that the Tsubasa manga is becoming more interesting than ever now that the story seems to be nearing its end. Sure, things have been kind of confusing up until now, and I understand those who think that the whole story is a mess, but I love how we finally are getting answers to some of the countless questions. I also enjoy the connections with xxxHolic a lot. I'm really looking forward to see how CLAMP is going to end it all.

Anyway, it's nice to see that Tsubasa's is doing well on the ranking.

I did not try to say that the story is a mess. What I found contrived is that parents sent their seven-year-old child to another dimension all alone. The fact that the seven-year-old child easily decided to go back to the Clow country even though it meant that he would not be able to see his parents any more and everything for a girl he knew for a week.

Maybe if I believed that a seven-year-old child can fall in love at first sight Rolling Eyes and I hate R!Syaoran with a burning passion. That is why I hate how he is connected with Watanuki. (Watanuki doesn't deserve that Evil or Very Mad )
Quinceps

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quote
Upload this week's ranking already! I wanna see Claymore on top! Not just some poorly plotted manga like Naruto or your average neverending kid stuff. Naruto's plot is so poorly planned (techniques out of thin air, unnecessary characters, etc...) I don't even care if an important character dies anymore. Well, the story is all the more so obvious as characters can spend lots of chapters announcing their own death anyway ("I might die"... "Unless this works I'm gonna die..." "Even if I die I'll..." "I'll put my life on the line to..."). Just finish off mediocre mangas already!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1