• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Level E Sci-Fi Comedy TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quote
you want to know about sengoku basara?
Let me tell you about sengoku basara

Last edited by potatochobit on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Why does this trash have more comment than the Sengoku Basara announcement? I question the world everyday -_-

Because it should have been seen coming a mile away.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Good on you FUNi. Level E was one of the best shows last year and it's about time someone picked it up.
machetecat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote
TOGASHI!! <3

When it comes to FUNi VA's, I kinda wanna see Yukitaka played by Justin Cook and the Prince played by Burgmeier. The YYH fan in me would get a huge laugh out of that idea.

Or Tatum could play the Prince... but I'd love to see a bunch of YYH actors get parts in this one.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I really liked the roommate episodes, but everything else was so-so. Sadly, I don't think I'll be picking this one up.
TD912

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
I like how license announcements are now just followed by a bunch of vague whiny bitching about how "but this isn't the show I wanted!!" or some weird hangup someone has about the company that licensed it, provided free of reason or context.

Real fun times, you guys.

Ok, so at least I'm not the only one who noticed this. Something gets licensed, and a few people seem happy about the announcement, but then it quickly degenerates into a bunch of people complaining about unrelated titles and how they don't like Company X... Just because a company licenses Series Y doesn't mean they aren't interested in totally unrelated Series Z.

I don't get it.

ArsenicSteel wrote:
What can I say? Brand recognition can be a bitch. When I am in love with a series I want a limited edition with pounds of swag. I don't see Funimation as one of the companies that will give me what I want.

I haven't been seeing Sentai selling special editions with "pounds of swag"...? Unless I've been missing something...

Last edited by TD912 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
skyreno4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote
The series was okay wasnt great, comedy was good, yeah im not going to buy it
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:54 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Zac wrote:
I like how license announcements are now just followed by a bunch of vague whiny bitching about how "but this isn't the show I wanted!!" or some weird hangup someone has about the company that licensed it, provided free of reason or context.

What can I say? Brand recognition can be a bitch. When I am in love with a series I want a limited edition with pounds of swag. I don't see Funimation as one of the companies that will give me what I want.

You're kidding right? FUNi is practically the only company (save for Aniplex) that still does LE's. While you might not get pounds of swag, they sometimes have a little goodie in there, and at the very least you're getting a nice artbox. Who else would you have wanted to pick it up? Sentai certainly wouldn't have done an LE, they can't even be bothered to do slipcovers.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I haven't been seeing Sentai selling special editions with "pounds of swag"...? Unless I've been missing something...

I wasn't the one that said anything about Sentai.

Quote:

You're kidding right? FUNi is practically the only company (save for Aniplex) that still does LE's.

I am sure NIS also does LEs.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Funimation did not announce DVD or Blu-ray release plans, but did announce that the series will be available on various streaming platforms beginning in March. Crunchyroll streamed the anime into several countries as it aired in Japan.

Hmm, streaming-only so far. Strange. Anyway, not much nevermind for me. I watched the show on CR and kind of dug it, but I feel no need to re-watch/own it.

Plus, why didn't they license ___________ instead???

Double-plus, Funi sux!!!
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:14 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
I'm quite surprised they picked this series up considering that there are better fish to catch. Come on FUNi, each of these would have been a better catch

The Qwaser of Stigmata

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sure, if you like trashy Anime that goes along the boarder lines of being a Hentai title.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Quote:
Funimation did not announce DVD or Blu-ray release plans, but did announce that the series will be available on various streaming platforms beginning in March. Crunchyroll streamed the anime into several countries as it aired in Japan.

Hmm, streaming-only so far. Strange. Anyway, not much nevermind for me. I watched the show on CR and kind of dug it, but I feel no need to re-watch/own it.

Plus, why didn't they license ___________ instead???

Double-plus, Funi sux!!!

They do have home video rights according to the official press release. Why ANN didn't update the news with that info I have no clue.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:

I wasn't the one that said anything about Sentai.

I remember you saying they were favorite company on another thread. Plus, it was just an example.

Quote:
I am sure NIS also does LEs.

And? Funimation giving only a few ounces of swag instead of a pound is a really lame and dumb reason to not like a company completely. But, some people have to be cool rebels and hate on the dominant brand. I understand, spoiler[just don't expect me to respect it.]

TopGunman wrote:
Come on FUNi, each of these would have been a better catch

The Qwaser of Stigmata

High School DxD isn't hardcore enough for you? Razz
Mr.manguy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Real fun times, you guys.
Exactly, people should be more thankful that we're getting more anime.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I remember you saying they were favorite company on another thread. Plus, it was just an example.

I recall saying Sentai was my favorite company but I don't recall saying it was because of "pounds of swag" or that swag is the only thing I value.

Quote:
And?

And nothing. NIS is just another company that offers LEs.

Quote:
Funimation giving only a few ounces of swag instead of a pound is a really lame and dumb reason to not like a company completely.

Look, I gave a reason why I don't like this title going to Funimation and you don't like it, fine, but don't go around belittling my opinion because I don't happen to favor this company.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5