Forum - View topic
World Cosplay Summit 2012's Team USA Chosen


Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Posts: 9543
Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan, ROC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:37 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
shukero wrote:
Caloris wrote:
WCS is rigged, so why does this matter?

How do you know that? Have you seen it? or do you have evidence? Please don't start accusing people or organizations of things unless you are willing to explain it in the same post please. Otherwise it makes you look bias. Sad

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2005-08-30/world-cosplay-summit-ends-in-aichi

Wow, that's some old dirt. Wink I couldn't help but noticed an interesting sentence:
Quote:
Rose of Versailles creator Riyoko Ikeda has expressed her disapproval of people cosplaying as her characters on more than one occasion.

Someone better gives me a good explanation on this:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Sunday Silence



Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 2047

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Wow, that's some old dirt. Wink I couldn't help but noticed an interesting sentence:
Quote:
Rose of Versailles creator Riyoko Ikeda has expressed her disapproval of people cosplaying as her characters on more than one occasion.

Someone better gives me a good explanation on this:


Money talks, ******* walks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Posts: 9543
Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan, ROC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Money talks, ******* walks.

While I wouldn't call AX people with the word you replaced with asterisks, I do want to know under what kind of circumstance did Ikeda-sensei express such disapproval, or if she had expressed it at all.

There was another female mangaka who was VERY photo-friendly at a con (and I dare say she was the most beautiful mangaka I had ever met), but later we received a notice from her publisher to have her photographs taken down. Sometimes you don't know what or whom to believe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Sunday Silence



Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 2047

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
Money talks, ******* walks.

While I wouldn't call AX people with the word you replaced with asterisks, I do want to know under what kind of circumstance did Ikeda-sensei express such disapproval, or if she had expressed it at all.

There was another female mangaka who was VERY photo-friendly at a con (and I dare say she was the most beautiful mangaka I had ever met), but later we received a notice from her publisher to have her photographs taken down. Sometimes you don't know what or whom to believe.


Um, it was in reference to Ikeda, not AX. Flash some cash in front of her, and she'll "forget" that she hates cosplays of her works for a few moments.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Posts: 9543
Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan, ROC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Um, it was in reference to Ikeda, not AX. Flash some cash in front of her, and she'll "forget" that she hates cosplays of her works for a few moments.

I know, but I still wonder when or if she has expressed her disapproval.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Banken



Joined: 29 May 2007
Posts: 889

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:54 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
So, did any of the teams have to bribe or sleep with the judges? It seems that WCS is a depraved haven for stories about how some contestants do whatever means possible to get a ticket to Japan and win.


Dude, that's my little sister you're talking about Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group