• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANN RSS Feeds for Mobile Devices

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shukero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I have a question about those like me who are trying to receive the RSS feeds on a mobile device (I have android 4.0 - Galaxy Nexus) which is: Do you all receive the accompanying images / charts / etc. that come with the news you get with your feeds?

I know that there are several RSS Feed apps on both iOS & on android; right now I'm using "Beyondpod" Because of it's awesome layout and the ability of it to direct download all feeds, including the ANNCast directly to it's internal player automatically.

anyway; getting back on topics, (Sorry) whenevr I get the RSS feeds fron ANN, it always just show the title and the text, but no pictures. I debunked that it's the app I'm using as I use the RSS of "the Verge", "sankakuComplex", and many others.

Tell me what you guys think!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Our RSS feeds only have the title of the article and the description. For the full article you have to come to the site.

The RSS feeds were created long before we had subscribers, so the idea was to bring people to the website.

We might look into a way to give subscribers the full article content, but as far as I knew, RSS 2.01 does not support syndicating the entire article.

-t
shukero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Ok, well thanks for the information. Very Happy

I was just hoping that I could get the images with my RSS feed, since it makes the feed a bit better than just plain text.

I'll just have to travel to the android browser for the full articles.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I'm a bit confused, does your RSS reader show you the text of the ANN article inside the reader with our layout and everything stripped out ?

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1