• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kannagi Creator Takenashi Reportedly Cannot Move, Write

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunflowerseed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't the condition of body lockup or coma while awake type things happen to people who eat raw fish and raw puffer fish? The same ones that are used in poisons in real life and in stories ficiton or not?

I can't read the translation since most webpages in Japanese when translated appear to ALWAYS be in poem and rhyme, so if it was even successful whatever it was the condition will remain a mystery.

I have not seen the anime or manga related to this show but have read the few stories about it recently on ANN. I wonder if the writer created a book about a god and the god appeared in her room and scared her almost to death, before it started going to classes at the local Junior High School? ....

Perhaps we shall never know..

Best wishes on the writers full recovery and well being as soon as possible.
Keita-sama

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I guess we'll find out the cause for the illness when the mangaka herself comes back to work. Right now, let's wish her well in her recovery then, ok?
mufurc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I think we shouldn't take the "can't move her body" part literally... it probably means that she's very weak and can't get out of bed.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:57 pm Reply with quote
mufurc wrote:
I think we shouldn't take the "can't move her body" part literally... it probably means that she's very weak and can't get out of bed.

I agree. Japanese tends to be very hyperbolic in its description of bodily illness. I read it as bedridden, too.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AckIsBack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:37 am Reply with quote
This is really sad. D: I hope she gets better ASAP!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2