• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Katsucon 18: Funimation Entertainment Industry Panel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
jlaking wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
So Funimation, what the heck happened to Toaru Index/Railgun series that you licensed? When is that supposed to happen?

Those are wrapped up in the whole Geneon fiasco.

WHAAAAAT? How that be the case? I don't recall Geneon planning on releasing them Funimation supposed licensed the first half. Unless there's an issue with Geneon overseas. You'll have to explain what I might have missed.

Geneon Japan owns them, and they're currently in a merger with Universal Japan. As a result, international rights for them are a bit tied up. Funimation just happened to liscense them when apparently just before this whole thing happened, so it's just a big stroke of bad luck on their part.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:54 pm Reply with quote
There was one thing that the report skipped over. One person asked about the Negima movie, to which they answered "don't know."

Honestly, I hope they consider it. The movie is the last animated Negima ever and to not release it in the US would be horrible. I know you can easily import it, but I cannot watch anime raw and I refuse to get fansubs.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
but I cannot watch anime raw and I refuse to get fansubs.

Even if you own the official DVD or BD? That makes no sense. I think the one legit reason to download fansubs is when you actually own the official release that has no subtitles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
but I cannot watch anime raw and I refuse to get fansubs.

Even if you own the official DVD or BD? That makes no sense. I think the one legit reason to download fansubs is when you actually own the official release that has no subtitles.

Even then, I'd want it licensed here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3