• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Stream - Bend It Like Kakeru

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockman nes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote
ChocolateBar9 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Well, aren't you a bundle of joy. Typically when joining a forum, a new user is expected to read the 'stickied' posts for that forum. And just as you know it, this Talkback section has such a sticky. I advise that you read it.

Fascinating. But I never asked for your concern so they I'd advise you to keep your nose out of other people's business if you don't mind

Okay, you're clearly some f*cktard's alt account. The recent registration date makes it even more painfully obvious..
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote
He's been banned, so you can all stop replying to him.
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:47 am Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Oh, I don't know. I once lost eleven pounds in three days. Granted that's only a third of the rate that the character would have needed and it was because at the time I was suffering from a severe stomach virus that left me a bedridden involuntary anorexic and bulimic...

... which does tend to interfere with developing playing fitness. Perhaps why the coach didn't bring him on until the last 20 minutes ... bringing him on with 30 minutes to go would have killed him.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:
Oh, I don't know. I once lost eleven pounds in three days. Granted that's only a third of the rate that the character would have needed and it was because at the time I was suffering from a severe stomach virus that left me a bedridden involuntary anorexic and bulimic...

... which does tend to interfere with developing playing fitness. Perhaps why the coach didn't bring him on until the last 20 minutes ... bringing him on with 30 minutes to go would have killed him.

No, no, I can't accept this argument, because it is already biologically impossible to (naturally) lose 100 lbs in 10 days. The coach didn't bring him in until the last 20 minutes because that's when the story dictated that they needed a saviour.
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
agila61 wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:

No, no, I can't accept this argument, because it is already biologically impossible to (naturally) lose 100 lbs in 10 days. The coach didn't bring him in until the last 20 minutes because that's when the story dictated that they needed a saviour.

And then ... spoiler[... the necessity of gag biology dictated he collapse from hunger. Whether or not the gag is also a nod to how physically impossible the plot point is, I of course do not have any way of knowing.]
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:32 am Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
I would have flipped back and forth between Chihaya Furu and Fate/Zero at this point in last season, but Chihaya Furu was my firm overall favorite by the end of the season. Between two A shows, it ended up as my A+.

That sounds about right... It must be why I've got Fate/Zero on order and am getting the Chihaya BDs. ^_^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7