• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ANN at NDK

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Dude you just made a bad enemy. Never piss off beer drinking, Anime loving Redneck.
CrackaJax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I just want to unite 2 loves: ANN and ADV.

(Please don't send a death squad to my house, ADV. I'll keep buying Azumanga Daioh!)
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
So Cookie, would this mean you are a workaholic, and that's your REAL reason for not coming to NDK? ;)

Actually, yes, work is what's preventing me from attending on Friday, and because I wouldn't be able to get there until basically Saturday morning, and I'd have to leave Sunday night to go back to work on Monday morning... yeah, that's not worth the ~$400 plane tickets, particularly right after I burnt $6k to study in Japan this summer.

There are actually several things we're working on, in various stages of completeness. The one I'd really like to see finished is still some time away from being done, though. ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

I'd say a hostile takeover of Anime Insider is much more likely. Wink

And a very hostile takeover it will be. =D
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Hostile? Hardly... they've already got people on the inside. (pun not intended)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:39 pm Reply with quote
ANN has been bought by 4Kids and all content will now be edited down to be suitable for a demographic between the ages of 7 and 12 years. If the trafic is good there is a chance of an unedited version, but nothing is planned as of yet. 4Kids CEO Al Kahn states that, "By the time we're done with the site kids wont know it's anime any more."

Anime catgrin

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pythos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Sorry you can't make it Cookie.

And for all you ANN staffer's (and anyone else) coming to NDK: Watch out for all the construction going on in the Denver Metro. (It sucks!) It's on I-25 and I-225.

Be safe.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Let me put in my 2 cents in this "Official Predict-what-ANN's-announcement" thread:

My guess is that they announce this:

spoiler[anime is teh s uck]
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:
Godaistudios wrote:
So Cookie, would this mean you are a workaholic, and that's your REAL reason for not coming to NDK? Wink

Actually, yes, work is what's preventing me from attending on Friday, and because I wouldn't be able to get there until basically Saturday morning, and I'd have to leave Sunday night to go back to work on Monday morning... yeah, that's not worth the ~$400 plane tickets, particularly right after I burnt $6k to study in Japan this summer.

There are actually several things we're working on, in various stages of completeness. The one I'd really like to see finished is still some time away from being done, though. Anime cry

Well, I did mean it as a workaholic in locking threads Wink

And you are right... that is really expensive, I can't say that I blame you. I had my own problems getting away from work, but I'm still fortunate enough to be able to go. (besides, it's only a six hour drive)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Goshin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:39 pm Reply with quote
I’m going to take a logical guess…

Hmm…the announcement is either ANN T-shirts or the addition of some sort of media files you’ll incorporate to the actual site.

Good luck at the panel.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:

I hate Anime Insider and Animerica, They have crappy reporters and magazines that look like they were rushed durning the deadline.

I like how you asked us for a job, and then insulted Anime Insider. Because a huge chunk of the ANN staff writes for AI. And one of our ex-staff members is the associate editor. Smooth move.

Goshin wrote:

I’m going to take a logical guess…

Hmm…the announcement is either ANN T-shirts or the addition of some sort of media files you’ll incorporate to the actual site.

Good luck at the panel.

Everyone keeps coming up with tame guesses. Wink Boooooring.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:59 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:

Everyone keeps coming up with tame guesses. Wink Boooooring.

Hmm.. ok..

ANN has now decided that it wants to be the leader in the shadows of the world. They want to be the puppet master and pull the strings of their puppet governments. To that end, ANN has created a new organitaztion called "The ANN Organization".

Members of the group will consist only of those who contribute to ANN in some way (not necessarily a meaningful way, posting on the forums would count) Recruits will be sent for training at ANN's super secret underground base in the desert. (the location of which I cannot reveal Wink) Recruits who succeed in their training are sent out to begin seeing ANN's ideas realized. (Recruits who do not are never seen again) These recruits are divided into sections, each of which is headed by one ANN staffer (TBD later).

Section 1 is the administrative group, which merely carries on the internal day-to-day activities of the organizations main and several branch offices. Section 2 comprises those recruits who are Tech-savvy. This section will be responsible for hacking government and financial systems, as well as spreading ANN's messages throughout the net. Section 3 is full of people in or near high-level positions in various governments and businesses, that are able to influence decisions made to swing in ANN's favor. Section 4 is made up of normal, everyday people. Their job is simply to support ANN behind the scenes. They contribute money on a regular basis, and organize secret meetings where ANN ideals are discussed. If necessary, this pool of people may also be utilized as carriers for secret documents, equipment, etc. Section 5 consists of over-the-top Otaku. Their purpose is to flood the net at pre-determined times so that Section 2 can do their thing without being easily noticed. Section 5 accomplishes this task by picking fights with other Otaku, or even against other Section 5 members, if necessary. Section 6 consists of... well.. it consists.. of GATSU. We're not really sure what his purpose is though.

The ANN Organization itself will be controlled by a hierarchal council of ANN staffers. Failure by a member of the council is not tolerated. If one member fails, he/she is reassigned as an instructor at the underground training center, and replaced by the most senior person in the Section they control.

With this plan in place, ANN will take over ALLL!!!!!
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:03 am Reply with quote
Kazuki, don't post after drinking, xDDDDD.

Cookie. Did it really cost $4,000? Hum...3252 €...Going to San Francisco is just over 2,300 €...Ok. I'm starting to believe that you really earn 1,000 $ for each thread you lock, xD.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:49 am Reply with quote
Sarki-Kun wrote:
Kazuki, don't post after drinking, xDDDDD.

Well.. Bamboo said that everyone's guesses were too tame, so I thought I'd just go to the opposite end of the spectrum Wink
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:01 pm Reply with quote
pythos wrote:
Sorry you can't make it Cookie.

And for all you ANN staffer's (and anyone else) coming to NDK: Watch out for all the construction going on in the Denver Metro. (It sucks!) It's on I-25 and I-225.

Be safe.

I am just taking Hampton to Parker Rd. Parker Rd. to Chambers, and then Chambers all the way to 40th Ave.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4