• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ANN at NDK

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
extralife

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Don't forget Section 9, consisting entirely of Mamuro Oshii, Otakon from Metal Gear Solid, and the ghost of John Lennon. Section 9 is stationed in the malfunctioning sub-atomic particle cannon complex "Babel Ray", orbiting the earth at a variable rate. The cannon has gone rouge, firing a single beam of destruction towards the earth's surface every four hours. Otakon was dispatched to fix the glitch, realign the laser and point it towards the moon base of the Osmonaughts. Oshii and the ghost of Lennon are to play continual games of chess until Otakon's work is finished. The loser of each game must choose the taget city for the beam's next cycle. A complete volume of Collier's World Atlas is provided for assistance. We are running out of small cities to eradicate.

CAN OTAKON FIX THE 'BABEL RAY' IN TIME? WHAT WILL THE OSMONAUGHTS DO NEXT?!

SECTION NINE
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:13 pm Reply with quote
My guess:

ANN has decided to join the Instrumentality Project, a super-secret-and-evile plan to combine anime fandom into one massive entity. Human evolution has reached an impasse and now it is time to combine all pockets of fandom into one. Love of fanservice, giant robots, yaoi, idiotically cute things, cosplay, psychological horror thrillers, Miyazaki films, etc. have all been melded into one superior being with the powers of GOD and the ability to alter reality into its own anime-influenced vision.

The only thing that might be able to stop them is a teenage boy in a giant robot, but since giant robots don't exist yet, we're all pretty much screwed. Very Happy
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:59 am Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
...but since giant robots don't exist yet...

Or so you think...
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:53 am Reply with quote
That's the typical answer, as the "Are you sure that we aren't currently living into Matrix? We can't say NO."

Well, today we'll know it. I'm expecting something more quiet and relaxing that those ideas...
ultrabot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:34 am Reply with quote
Extralife wrote:

CAN OTAKON FIX THE 'BABEL RAY' IN TIME? WHAT WILL THE OSMONAUGHTS DO NEXT?!

Hopefully he wont wet himself, because it would be FISSION MAILED
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4