• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Recording on Last Episode of Fullmetal Alchemist Complete

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pwolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Anime cry it'll finaly be over... not sure if thats a good thing or not :/

Pwolf
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Well maybe now the rest of the fandom will remember that there are other shows in anime.

Or, y'know, not, since FMA will obviously be gracing the covers of Newtype and Animedia for the next ten years.
Pwolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
Well maybe now the rest of the fandom will remember that there are other shows in anime.

Or, y'know, not, since FMA will obviously be gracing the covers of Newtype and Animedia for the next ten years.

OMG THERE IS OTHER ANIME OTHER THEN FMA?!?!?! i didn't know that... maybe i should look into this "other anime" </sarcasm>

FMA fans are like that? i guess i never noticed (or never cared to notice)

Pwolf
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
deathbringer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:

You mean like Gundam has for the past ten? I don't know why everyone enjoys hating on good shows. If it was bad it wouldn't have as many fans as it does obviously. Plus there's a movie coming out next year, that should be good. I think everyone's making a big deal about it because it will be on TV. It'll be the first really good show AS has gotten in a while. (Detective Conan was good, but not as good as FMA.)
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I don't have a problem with good shows. I DO have a problem with histrionic, overreacting fans who act as though it's the GREATEST ANIME EVER MADE! MIYAZAKI LICKS HIROMU ARAKAWA'S BOOTS!

Time, after all, is the ultimate judge of quality.
Pwolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
I don't have a problem with good shows. I DO have a problem with histrionic, overreacting fans who act as though it's the GREATEST ANIME EVER MADE! MIYAZAKI LICKS HIROMU ARAKAWA'S BOOTS!

yea, i agree... but it is a good show tho Razz just not "OMG THE BESTORZ!!! EVAR!!!!!"

Pwolf
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Pwolf wrote:
Patachu wrote:

yea, i agree... but it is a good show tho Razz just not "OMG THE BESTORZ!!! EVAR!!!!!"

Pwolf
[smartass] yeah well know thats Dragon ball Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/smartass]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Zack26
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:

Yeah, not to mention that there may be other FMA games along the way as well. Like with the recent FMA fighting game and the sequel to last year's game, Fullmetal Alchemist.
Cheesemon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:01 am Reply with quote
Man, I thought they finished recording the last episode before it even began airing. Anime hyper Are anime episodes usually dubbed just three weeks before showtime?
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:18 am Reply with quote
Yes

Hollywood TV shows are commonly being completed DAY-OF airing.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I have to say that I'm impressed at just how strong the anime has been. To me, it's easily one of the best series to come out in the last 5 years. It's willing to push the story and cause you to think and be shocked. Just when you think you know where the story is going, it twists and turns on you again. I've enjoyed the ride, and I can only hope the dub release can match up to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1