• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach TV Anime Ending on March 27

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Does this mean that the show is ending or that it's just not being aired on that time slot anymore?
NanatsuChan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
OK this is SO confusing!!

Let's try to see it objectiv xD :roll: 8O 8-)

I mean what does speak for Bleach ending?

The director didn't say it was wrong on twitter but the official report was just that it'd stop airing on 6:00p.m time slot on TV Tokyo to begin with!

I get the feeling we just jump to conclusions! when I first read it I thought it was over, too . But I mean it was stated that episode 367 will be aired on TV Osaka on 3. of April 2012 and this was announced on 11. of January 2012. They didn't deciede to cancel Bleach just few weeks ago. I mean Osaka is afiliate with TV Tokyo, so it's definitely possible!
Another fact is that when you look at this:

http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/491/time?Filter=7

you'll see that TV Tokyo scheduled episode 366 on December 27 2011! Since then no new episode was added! Do you really think they'd scheduled episode 367 on Osaka in January, almost 3 weeks later, if they new it was being canceled? I don't know but for me it makes no sense"! And yeah I don't want Bleach to end, but these are facts, I'm just taking this from official sources xD

And HONESTELY WHY the hell should the leave a fault with scheduling epi 367 ( if it was one) for over a month now? or just MAKE this mistake? xD

On the other side, they only scheduled until episode 367! not any further, so I don't know xD OR it's just that they don't add any further episode because they're just far away in the future xD

And come to speak about the thing with official sources clearing situation up, I don't really think so, they want Bleach to get some more attention and this is the best way. not informing the people!
I mean this makes people talk about it and alarms the fans to keep watching and buying the manga!!!
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I think they did a really poor job of conveying this information. Somebody out there needs to take a few classes in communication.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NanatsuChan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Yeah, I think they did a really poor job of conveying this information. Somebody out there needs to take a few classes in communication.

OH YES! Anime hyper I mean what's so hard about just easily telling us FACTS? CLEAR FACTS xD not something like this!
JadeTora

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Still have no definitive answer, is the Bleach Anime actually cancelled for good and going to have no new episodes or is it just changing time slots? Which is it?
Ushio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote
NanatsuChan wrote:

Let's try to see it objectiv xD Rolling Eyes Shocked Cool

The director didn't say it was wrong on twitter but the official report was just that it'd stop airing on 6:00p.m time slot on TV Tokyo to begin with!

I get the feeling we just jump to conclusions! when I first read it I thought it was over, too . But I mean it was stated that episode 367 will be aired on TV Osaka on 3. of April 2012 and this was announced on 11. of January 2012. They didn't deciede to cancel Bleach just few weeks ago. I mean Osaka is afiliate with TV Tokyo, so it's definitely possible!

you'll see that TV Tokyo scheduled episode 366 on December 27 2011! Since then no new episode was added! Do you really think they'd scheduled episode 367 on Osaka in January, almost 3 weeks later, if they new it was being canceled? I don't know but for me it makes no sense"! And yeah I don't want Bleach to end, but these are facts, I'm just taking this from official sources xD

And HONESTELY WHY the hell should the leave a fault with scheduling epi 367 ( if it was one) for over a month now? or just MAKE this mistake? xD

On the other side, they only scheduled until episode 367! not any further, so I don't know xD OR it's just that they don't add any further episode because they're just far away in the future xD

And come to speak about the thing with official sources clearing situation up, I don't really think so, they want Bleach to get some more attention and this is the best way. not informing the people!
I mean this makes people talk about it and alarms the fans to keep watching and buying the manga!!!

According to your link the schedule is only updated when the last episode of the previous update airs so if there are more episodes it won't be shown on your link till the 27th of march.
NanatsuChan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
NanatsuChan wrote:

Let's try to see it objectiv xD Rolling Eyes Shocked Cool

According to your link the schedule is only updated when the last episode of the previous update airs so if there are more episodes it won't be shown on your link till the 27th of march.

well you're right I guess. We'll have to wait until we get some facts or new episodes are scheduled. damn this pisses me off! all this waiting
it's just all way to confusing!
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:11 am Reply with quote
JadeTora wrote:
Still have no definitive answer, is the Bleach Anime actually cancelled for good and going to have no new episodes or is it just changing time slots? Which is it?

There is a third possibility, which is that it is going on hiatus.

As to whether it it simply changing time slots or will not be continuing after the end of March, that question will have a definitive answer when April rolls around and Bleach is either being aired or isn't.

I would hope confirmation of its status would be made well before then, but if all else fails, we have that.

As I've stated before, given the lack of any official denial at this point, I lean heavily toward it ending.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote
Bleach has been a long fun ride ten years or so of anime. I hope it ends well and it follows the manga on the way out. I mean one person can only lose there powers and regain them so many times.
bayoab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
Jackstick wrote:
Little Ariel wrote:
Bleach to continue on TV Osaka?

According to Shoboi Calendar (http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/491) , episode 367 will air on April 3rd at 6:30 on TV Osaka.

You have to click the "View More" button to get to April.

Good find, but is this a reliable source?

Syoboi is a wiki. 100% user input.
i.e. Normally yes, but not for something like this.
(And in this case, someone just added the next cour of episodes at the end of the last one since Bleach isn't going to end mid-season, but looks like they added one too many.)
pokefreaks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Even if the series end, I think they will bring it back when they get more original materials since Bleach is also getting a Western Live Action version and all along with the international healthy Manga sales.

If Bleach anime series end and has plans to come back, I'm hoping either D.Gray Man or Hitman Reborn Anime series to return earlier than Bleach. I was also wishing Soul Eater to return even though the chances are low.
NanatsuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
pokefreaks wrote:
Even if the series end, I think they will bring it back when they get more original materials since Bleach is also getting a Western Live Action version and all along with the international healthy Manga sales.

If Bleach anime series end and has plans to come back, I'm hoping either D.Gray Man or Hitman Reborn Anime series to return earlier than Bleach. I was also wishing Soul Eater to return even though the chances are low.

I'm actually pretty sure we'll get another season or movie, maybe OVA
Even mangas that sell way "worse" ( it's not bad at all, but just less than Bleach sells) get an anime, even if it's just short, or an OVA or movie!
And I mean it's probably not really that it's not this popular anymore but the fact that they just have to make way too much fillers!
I mean before they're able to make a new season with cannon material of 30/40 episodes they'd have to make at least 1-2 years of fillers, this just doesn't work. I heard that even Naruto was short before being cancelled because of low quotes because of so many fillers. I mean it's better when only the manga goes on, gets better sales again and we'll get at least some OVA/ Movie or even an Anime again!
And that's what will happen.This is like 100% sure! I mean even Gintama had over a year of break, The Prince of Tennis almost 6 years. Hunter X Hunter got a new anime after 10! years! and they all (usually xD) don't sell better than Bleach! xD
Honestely, out of 361 episodes are ~153 fillers and 208 cannon. This doesn't make sense anymore! I prefere rewatching Bleach again and again instead of some stupid fillers, that maybe even influence the manga in a badway!
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:08 am Reply with quote
You know, I just thought of something: what if this was just some giant April Fool's joke and there really is no such thing as the Rock Lee spinoff? Those who tune into it would get a nice pic of a boat, then cue Bleach 367!!!
JadeTora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Which is what it might be since there's an episode listed for April 3rd now on Wikipedia.

What's this actually mean? Is the Anime ending or not? This is quite vexing.
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:54 pm Reply with quote
JadeTora wrote:
Which is what it might be since there's an episode listed for April 3rd now on Wikipedia.

What's this actually mean? Is the Anime ending or not? This is quite vexing.

Wikipedia is also a wiki. It could well be listed there on the strength of the wiki entry from Japan.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 12