• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach TV Anime Ending on March 27

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:07 am Reply with quote
I stopped watching Bleach at episode 65, but I have up to episode 330 at home... With this ending, how many episodes would there be altogether?
Araki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:08 am Reply with quote
The ratings are terrible for quite a while now. Like, 1% bad. Dvd sales are dropping and dropping.
D Gray man and Reborn, among others, had better ratings when they were cancelled and never came back. Just saying...
Kutsu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:11 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Finally. But the hanging question is what will replace it in the Big Three for anime? Fairy Tale?

Big Three is Jump only, so Toriko.

Will Toriko really take over discussion and rise to prominence among fans to the point of nausea and raised ire among non-WSJ fans? I have my doubts, I don't think we'll be seeing Toriko cosplay in droves at conventions. That's what I mean by Big Three.

I dunno if it will over here, but Toriko already tops Naruto on a normal basis in Jump rankings, and its TV ratings far surpass Naruto.

Be careful with TV ratings. Remember that Toriko airs on Fuji TV (the 1st private network in Japan) on sunday morning (an ideal timeslot to attract children) while Naruto airs on TV Tokyo (a much smaller network) in the evening (when competition is very fierce). And let's also keep in mind that Toriko's ratings are actually inferior to those of Dragon Ball Kai.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:13 am Reply with quote
Araki wrote:
The ratings are terrible for quite a while now. Like, 1% bad. Dvd sales are dropping and dropping.
D Gray man and Reborn, among others, had better ratings when they were cancelled and never came back. Just saying...

I'd actually be surprised if it does come back. Bleach is far less popular in Japan than America.. I'm surprised it got as many episodes as it did.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:15 am Reply with quote
At last! An ending! But will it actually end end, or leave the door open for more (Inuyasha comes to mind).
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:19 am Reply with quote
I'm sure they will animate the final arc of Bleach it wouldn't make any sense if they didn't finish the entire story of Bleach hopefully when the manga reaches its closing point they will animate the rest of the series.Bleach is far to big of a series to not have its story properly finished but yes its indeed saddening news to hear that the anime is coming to end in less then a month Studio Pierrot better hire their finest animators to animate the important events of the remaining Fullbring Arc this isn't the time to cheaply animate Bleach it needs to go out with in a bang with fluid animation and soaring music.
jmaeshawn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:20 am Reply with quote
Goodbye and good riddance. Even though I never watched it, I know enough about it. I hate Bleach and always will.

Now I'm looking forward to Naruto's inevitable cancellation. \Anime smile/
「ナルト」の終わりまでお楽しみに!!
Mirri

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:27 am Reply with quote
504NOSON2 wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
I'm guessing the ratings for the show weren't so hot... I've yet to meet anyone in Japan who immediately knows the show when I try to explain that it and Naruto are, by and large, more popular here among teens than One Piece. The manga still sells pretty well, and as someone who liked the earlier volumes, I hope it gets a good ending, even if it's never animated.

This reminds of an argument I have with a friend of mine. He reveres One Piece as being the best anime/manga ever created, and I respond with the fact that it flopped in the states.

I haven't watched Bleach sincespoiler[ Ichigo defeated Aizen]; Can anyone say if the following arc is any good? And, if you could compare it to any previous arc, in terms of quality, which would you pick?

spoiler tag that please.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:27 am Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
I'm sure they will animate the final arc of Bleach it wouldn't make any sense if they didn't finish the entire story of Bleach hopefully when the manga reaches its closing point they will animate the rest of the series.Bleach is far to big of a series to not have its story properly finished but yes its indeed saddening news to hear that the anime is coming to end in less then a month Studio Pierrot better hire their finest animators to animate the important events of the remaining Fullbring Arc this isn't the time to cheaply animate Bleach it needs to go out with in a bang with fluid animation and soaring music.

Isn't there like 19 chapters left in this arc? Theres no way they'll fit them into 5 episodes... it likely won't even finish the Fullbring arc, which means they're just putting it out of its misery at this point due to the bad ratings and apathy for the anime.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:28 am Reply with quote
It looks like anytime an anime ends in Japan it's as good as "cancelled" to some.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:37 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:

Isn't there like 19 chapters left in this arc? Theres no way they'll fit them into 5 episodes... it likely won't even finish the Fullbring arc, which means they're just putting it out of its misery at this point due to the bad ratings and apathy for the anime.

The events in the anime are moving at a much quicker pace then they did in the manga they will have plenty of time in five episodes to finish the arc in a timely manner plus their is a chance that at least one episode will end up being an hour long which would make perfect sense if that ends up happening.
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:42 am Reply with quote
I only have up to vol 28 of Bleach and stopped with the anime around the end of the soul society arc. The series just stopped grabbing my attention like it did at first save as Naruto, I've always been a One Piece guy. Anyway it is always sad to see an anime go even worse when it ends before the manga.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:46 am Reply with quote
-user removed- wrote:
The Bleach anime is NOT CANCELED, people, it's just moved to another timeslot. Jesus, get a grip. If it were you canceled you would not be hearing about it first from TV GUIDE.

It is confirmed as ending its run IN TV TOKYO'S COVETED 6PM TIMESLOT. Not "canceled".

ANN actually reported that three weeks ago:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-02/pierrot-naruto/rock-lee-anime-slated-for-bleach-timeslot

Two items I note:

1. The article itself is more accurate than the headline (since the article simply states, "A recent television program listing in Japan reports that the Bleach television anime series will end its run in TV Tokyo's 6:00 p.m. Tuesday timeslot on March 27"). This is indeed correct, as two programs obviously cannot occupy the same time slot on the same station or network.

2. Apparently the article does not mention Bleach moving to a new time slot. Perhaps this is not unusual for a Japanese TV magazine, but in the U.S., it would certainly be mentioned.

EDIT:
I also see the news article over at Crunchyroll makes reference to an "ending mark" that appears in the listing for Bleach in that article.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:19 am Reply with quote
Wow i guess the parent company was sad that Bleach is going to be made into a Hollywood movie so they decided to end the anime as a protest Laughing
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:20 am Reply with quote
jmaeshawn wrote:
Now I'm looking forward to Naruto's inevitable cancellation. \Anime smile/
「ナルト」の終わりまでお楽しみに!!

Considering a second Naruto show is replacing Bleach's timeslot... that's unlikely.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 12