• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nazo no Kanojo X TV Anime's Cast Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopGunman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:06 am Reply with quote
Wow, a complete unknown for the lead, this is now really worth looking at.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:02 pm Reply with quote
I've yet to read the manga for this but hope the series will be worth watching :>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shukero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I've yet to read the manga for this but hope the series will be worth watching :>

The manga is awesome (Sadly I had to see it online Sad )

But this is yet another title that has a chance to be an awesome anime with no possible USA release because of the weirdness of it's material Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TopGunman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, as if America or anyone else for that matter doesn't make 'weird' stuff or pervy stuff. For God's sake, one of the first thing you see in an AMERICAN movie about giant robots is Megan Fox's ass on a bike. I've seen American stuff so weird and even out of place that they make MGX look like a cute Disney movie.

Ya know, the fact that it is 'weird' is what caught my interest, okay I draw a line somewhere but sometimes the way its executed is worth reconsidering and giving a shot. This is labeled as ecchi even by anime fans but the way I see it, the amount of fanservice is much more tamed than heaps of other shows, anime or non-anime.

Sounds like Xenophobia, if the Japanese make weird stuff, they're sickos but if we [insert nationality] do it, there's a good reason for it. Double standard bullcrap
shukero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:30 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
Yeah, as if America or anyone else for that matter doesn't make 'weird' stuff or pervy stuff. For God's sake, one of the first thing you see in an AMERICAN movie about giant robots is Megan Fox's ass on a bike. I've seen American stuff so weird and even out of place that they make MGX look like a cute Disney movie.

Ya know, the fact that it is 'weird' is what caught my interest, okay I draw a line somewhere but sometimes the way its executed is worth reconsidering and giving a shot. This is labeled as ecchi even by anime fans but the way I see it, the amount of fanservice is much more tamed than heaps of other shows, anime or non-anime.

Sounds like Xenophobia, if the Japanese make weird stuff, they're sickos but if we [insert nationality] do it, there's a good reason for it. Double standard bullcrap

But do you think that licenser's will buy an anime about "Drool-sensed romance"?

DOn't get me wrong I love the manga, but I just don't see VIZ or anyone seeing the selling point in this one Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kohii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:35 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
TopGunman wrote:

But do you think that licenser's will buy an anime about "Drool-sensed romance"?

DOn't get me wrong I love the manga, but I just don't see VIZ or anyone seeing the selling point in this one Sad

I can see Seven Seas or Yen Press picking it up... (if the anime is popular here). Heck, even Flowers of Evil got licensed by Vertical and that manga has a very twisted relationship(s).
scineram

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
More Hirohashi Ryou is always good + Irino and Misato=win.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1