• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Innocence Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryusuke87

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:17 pm Reply with quote
It was mostly credits....
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:23 pm Reply with quote
you know the whole movie is probly online somewere so how is 8 minutes of it even thu offical released news?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:39 pm Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
you know the whole movie is probly online somewere so how is 8 minutes of it even thu offical released news?

Probably because they don't want to promote people ripping off companies? Besides, there are people that won't look for the whole movie, and will instead stick to official channels.
Mattousai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:45 pm Reply with quote
haha.... "First 8 minutes: Running time: 10:10"

nice! Shocked
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:57 pm Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:

Because we are not ISONews.com, and we do not report on fansub or bootleg releases.. and in this case, GitS2 _is_ licensed and clearly any download available would be a bootleg, unless it was specifically provided by DreamWorks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Proman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:
cyrax777 wrote:

Because we are not ISONews.com, and we do not report on fansub or bootleg releases.. and in this case, GitS2 _is_ licensed and clearly any download available would be a bootleg, unless it was specifically provided by DreamWorks.

Wouldn't that technically be izonews.com Laughing ? I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist Wink.
As for the the 8 minute segment... I think I'll just wait and watch the whole movie (legally, of course).
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:49 am Reply with quote
BTW, Ain't It Worthless News has a clip of the parade sequence at http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=18384.
jfrog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:17 am Reply with quote
And...downloaded. With this and the trailer, I've got all the Innocence I'll ever need now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thecactusman17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:29 am Reply with quote
You'd have a point if it weren't for the fact athat anyone who actually wants to see the movie can take a drive this weekend and see it properly subtitled on a massive screen with surround sound.

"Wow! I just watched Lord of the Rings on Windows Media Player on my laptop! I've seen the greatest movie of all time, twenty minutes early and on a screen the size of a postage stamp! What cinematic value!"
ryusuke87

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:25 am Reply with quote
Since I'm the president of an Anime Club at my school, DreamWorks sent me the DVD with a 6-minute trailer, for screening purposes. The guy who's in charge of that had also emailed me about this 8 minute trailer, and 2 other trailers, so it's officially authorized. So...listen to Cookie! ANN wouldn't report on bullcrap.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1