• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Travis Willingham Ignites Fan Fervor at Tekkoshocon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shukero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I have to say, this guy along with a few others are some of the only dubbed voices I like.

Usually I must go with subs, but Everyone from cowboy bebop, outlaw star, and FMA are all voice actors that I think do the best job at what they do Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:40 pm Reply with quote
My fervor is unlit.
I do like him in most of the dubs he's been in but I don't get excited over the idea of autograph sessions and the like.
shukero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
My fervor is unlit.
I do like him in most of the dubs he's been in but I don't get excited over the idea of autograph sessions and the like.

ohh don't get me wrong I like his dubs, but just like any other voice actor/actress, I'd never line up for an autograph.

I'd only ask for that from the japanese directors.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:
My fervor is unlit.

ohh don't get me wrong I like his dubs, but just like any other voice actor/actress, I'd never line up for an autograph.

I'd only ask for that from the japanese directors.

Years and years ago, I actually managed to obtain his autograph. This happened when Full Metal Alchemist was still in the very early stages and I've got to say, he was a pretty nice guy. Very down to earth and just overall friendly.

I recently stood in line for a another voice actor's autograph recently (Wendy Lee) and while truthfully, the hours I waited were challenging (standing in one place all day is much tougher when your a adult, even with comfortable shoes) but this was a nice experience.

Would I do this again? Frankly, I am not sure, but at least I am able to say I received a autograph from a voice actor and I really thought that was cool.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:27 am Reply with quote
Always get as many autographs as you can, because perhaps now you aren't fond of a guest's work, but maybe later you will be and you'll regret not getting their autograph when you had the chance.

Back when I was still a budding Gundam fan, I once passed up the chance to get Yoshiyuki Tomino to sign something. Later when I became more of a Gundam fan, I regretted it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote
Penguintruth, especially if they become more well known later on or like you said, make a show you really like.

Might even be a nice present to a family member down the road and or make for a great memory.

There will likely always be anime to watch, but memories, you can't replace them nor can you ever truly relive them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1