• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Role Paying

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJcream

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
As a fighting game fan, I'm still not sold on SFxT. I've been watching the Cross Assault streams and I don't know why I would prefer this game's combo-centric gameplay over UMvC3.

This week, I haven't been able to play any games sadly due to work. However, my much anticipated vacation starts tomorrow and I'll be traveling to Atlanta for the Final Round fighting game tournament. Can't wait to see what kind of drama unfolds this year.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:14 pm Reply with quote
stormcrow22 wrote:
Doesn't Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 come out this week as well (as in, today)? Kind of surprising there's no mention of it in the release section.

It is actually this week that HDN:MK2 is released.

Also, Todd forgot to mention, that Phantom Breaker does not come this week (even though its not mentioned in this episode of X-B), it has been delayed until 3/20, of course that's really a placeholder date until 7sixty confirms a official release date.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, that Nendoroid game looks like a perfect compilation of every series that exemplifies all that I hate about modern anime... except for Death Note, how the hell did that get in there?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:55 pm Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:
Oh man, that Nendoroid game looks like a perfect compilation of every series that exemplifies all that I hate about modern anime... except for Death Note, how the hell did that get in there?

it could be because of this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NENDOROID-Death-Note-Detective-L-Figure-17-/120839065707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2291d06b
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DaveRichelieu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
This hypothetical Cyber City Oedo game will have to have dialogue crudely sampled from the Manga UK dub, of course. Alas, I don't think I can quote any of the best bits and stay within the forum rules.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Steins;Gate's Kurisu (Chris?)

It's pronounced...

Might have to think about buying a Wii, do any of these new RPGs require a bunch of jumping around and arm waving? My living room isn't really set up for motion games. If they're just played like regular RPGs they might be worth me buying.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:30 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Quote:

It's pronounced...

Might have to think about buying a Wii, do any of these new RPGs require a bunch of jumping around and arm waving? My living room isn't really set up for motion games. If they're just played like regular RPGs they might be worth me buying.

Emerje

I don't think they do require much waving around. I have Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World and Arc Rise Fantasia, and they don't necessarily require much waving around.
sfried

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:41 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Quote:

It's pronounced...

Emerje

There's something called a Classic Controller Pro. I suggest you look it up.
magnetdance

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote
A Cyber City Oedo game? I would help finance that.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
sfried wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Quote:

It's pronounced...

Emerje

There's something called a Classic Controller Pro. I suggest you look it up.

I know about it, I was just wondering if these games require the motion sensor or if the classic controller is all that's needed.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yaminokaitou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:06 am Reply with quote
I can't wait for The Last Story. Hopefully both Xenoblade and Last Story do well and we'll see a lot more RPGs for the Wii U and PS3.

I was so excited when I saw the Tales of the Heroes, until I remembered it was just a brawler game. No thanks, Namco. X_X
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2