• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tayutama Adult PC Game to Reportedly Get TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiuXuande

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:04 pm Reply with quote
These shows need "directors' cut" versions. Then they'd be worth watching Laughing
VDZ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:28 pm Reply with quote
That review wrote:
Normally when I'm done with a game, I usually want to shelve it for a while and not go after alternate endings and such, but with Ever 17, as soon as I got an ending with Takeshi (a bad ending) I went right back and replayed the game as Kid to try and open up new story paths. I got a bad ending with Kid as well. I still have a million more questions about LeMU and the cast and won't feel a full sense of completion in this game unless I go through all the possible paths.

Despite the 93% score, the fact that he reviewed the game before finishing it kind of makes me rage. Personally, I think the game at the point he is at doesn't deserve 93% yet...but the final route, the Coco route, makes the game infinitely better, to the point where I call it the best story ever.
Coco route pretty much consists of the most awesome plot twists you've ever seen, thrown at you in rapid succession which explain lots of things (which then actually make perfect sense), while raising more and more questions, until the last couple of plot twists answer the questions you still had without adding new ones, and it just leaves you with a feeling of 'holy shit, that was awesome'.

If the game until that point deserves 93%, the game as a whole deserves a score of 100%.

And while we're on the topic of awesome visual novels, I heard a visual novel recently got the 9th perfect score from Famitsu.
0utf0xZer0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:06 am Reply with quote
I was wondering a bit about that too, but didn't mention it because as you say, the game does deserve that score if you play through that final arc.

Actually, if you have saves from your playthrough, it can be interesting to replay some of the scenes. Remember Tsugumi flipping out when they're discussing what to call The Kid, for no apparent reason? The reason is very apparent after you've beaten the game.

To tell the truth, Tsugumi and the way the game plays with you perceptions of her is one of my favourite things about the game. She went from being the kind of character I loved to hate at the start to being one of my favourite characters ever by the end.

(I remember one scene early in the game that got me ticked enough at her that I was thinking to myself "please, give me the option to spank her or something". Of course, Ever 17 isn't that kind of game, and knowing what I know now my character wouldn't have come out of that on top anyway.)
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:59 am Reply with quote
VDZ wrote:
And while we're on the topic of awesome visual novels, I heard a visual novel recently got the 9th perfect score from Famitsu.

And being animated by P.A Works (True Tears) I'm looking forward to it since they can do some great animation when given a decent budget.
Cat Megex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
VDZ wrote:

And being animated by P.A Works (True Tears) I'm looking forward to it since they can do some great animation when given a decent budget.

A bit of a (belated) update on this: the game as a whole isn't being adapted. What's being adapted is the extra scenario that was written by Kinoko Nasu (of TYPE-MOON fame) and has character designs by Takashi Takeuchi (also of TYPE-MOON fame).
pparker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Cat Megex wrote:

A bit of a (belated) update on this: the game as a whole isn't being adapted. What's being adapted is the extra scenario that was written by Kinoko Nasu (of TYPE-MOON fame) and has character designs by Takashi Takeuchi (also of TYPE-MOON fame).

Okay, TYPE-MOON? I'm there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5