• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: A Devil and Her Love Song GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote
This sounds extremely interesting, and with a teen-age girl I'm helping raise, It might help me understand these tumultuous years ahead, (even if it is a different culture).
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quote
You know, it just might. If nothing else, it shows the cruelty teenage girls are capable of, as well as a warning about girls (and boys) with "parent manners."
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:06 pm Reply with quote
It's a great series. I have most of the volumes in Japanese. Oh, but it is about love. Meguro and Maria's love is beautiful.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
It's a great series. I have most of the volumes in Japanese. Oh, but it is about love.

I figured it would be sooner or later. But the first volume has other fish to fry than romance. Smile Glad to hear it keeps living up to its promise!
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure I've made this known before, but this is my favorite series and the number one manga I wanted brought to the US. So glad that it's finally available. Smile

And I love how positive this review is - I hope other volumes in the series gets the same if they are reviewed later.
maaya

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quote
I'm actually surprised that it took so long for Maria & Co. to arrive in the US. This has everything needed to become a bestseller overseas.

Devil and her Love Song is one of the most enjoyable shojo mangas I read these last years, and while it's not super popular in Japan, everybody I've shown it to likes it as well. And many seem to be able to relate to Maria as a character. This series might just reflect the real issues of (Japanese) teenagers a bit more than others of the same genre.

It is indeed a shojo romance series, but as the review explains in detail there is a lot more to it. Tomori puts some effort into character development and I also like her sense of humor. The "lovely spin" scenes are always hilarious.

I hope you'll enjoy the next volumes as well (I believe it gets better actually).
Jhenna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
It's a great series. I have most of the volumes in Japanese. Oh, but it is about love. Meguro and Maria's love is beautiful.

Totally true, A very inspirational story untold. I had been following this series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1