• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Space Brothers Anime Briefly Listed as "48+ Episodes"

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:08 am Reply with quote
I have no idea what they're doing with that Space Brothers anime. First, it takes a 7 am timeslot on Sunday morning, which is an obvious kids timeslot (replacing Beelzebub), and now they're saying its a year run when the manga doesn't even have that much content?
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:14 am Reply with quote
Ugh, I really hope the Zetman listing was wrong. 13 episodes is not enough to do it any sort of justice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Divineking

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:20 am Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Ugh, I really hope the Zetman listing was wrong. 13 episodes is not enough to do it any sort of justice.

Agreed. Given that it showed content up to volume 10 of the manga, it would have to at LEAST be 26 episodes.
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:52 am Reply with quote
Wow, is it that popular? I guess they must be confident about Space Bros or maybe some other merch tie-in. From the previous ANN article, the movie is coming out May 5, and they are using Coldplay's "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall" as the theme song. I wonder if they'll use Coldplay or other foreign songs in the anime.
Vertical_Ed
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Wow, is it that popular?

Yeah, Space Bros. is the second most popular seinen manga in Japan right now based on sales. (The first is St. Young-men...both have first print runs of around 800,000 copies)

I'm surprised to hear about the time-slot, though. Giant Killing, the top seinen sports title (also from the same magazine by Kodandsha as the two titles mentioned above) got a great slot on the NHK. I wonder if the producers are looking for more cross-over to younger readers/viewers. I'm not sure if it'll work really, this is pretty high-brow stuff.
leokiko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I have no idea what they're doing with that Space Brothers anime. First, it takes a 7 am timeslot on Sunday morning, which is an obvious kids timeslot (replacing Beelzebub), and now they're saying its a year run when the manga doesn't even have that much content?

There are 16 volumes, which is enough for an 4-cour.
molibdaenum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Vertical_Ed wrote:
configspace wrote:
Wow, is it that popular?

Yeah, Space Bros. is the second most popular seinen manga in Japan right now based on sales. (The first is St. Young-men...both have first print runs of around 800,000 copies)

Nope.... Where is it stated that Uchū Kyōdai sells 800,000 copies per volume? I thought Thermae Romae and Real sell more per volume!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1