• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Konami Games' Fox Engine Pitted Against Real Life

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus Carr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the chairs at the table, It's pretty obvious.
The American Average

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Does look pretty good though. Can't wait to see Metal Gear Solid 5 in the Fox Engine
crazychild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote
The flat framed posters on the B walls are a dead giveaway. Even before reading the answer, something just seems off about the B pictures, like the geometry is just too perfect-looking or something.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
For me it was the spot lights, they're too perfect in B while A has natural reflection and shadows.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
For me it was the spot lights, they're too perfect in B while A has natural reflection and shadows.

Emerje

It seemed more like they were almost completely missing from B. Give them credit though, adding grain to make it look more like a photo probably threw a good many people.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, I almost couldn't tell which one is the Fox Engine. Shocked If this is what the Fox Engine is going to look like, then it's going to rival other great game engine like Frostbite 2 engine (used in Battlefield 3) and Cryengine 3 (used in Crysis 2). This looks great!!! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shukero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Marcus Carr wrote:
Looking at the chairs at the table, It's pretty obvious.

That is true, the chairs are too similar to each other to be real Razz There are always tiny defects in similar chairs which make them unique.

You can also look at the TV in the 3rd picture. You can actually see prt of the hue in the real tv where as the graphical one is just plain black.

But none the less, that is a GREAT engine, if they can really put that into a PC or Console without having to dull down the graphics, this will produce awesome looking games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Monad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
[quote="shukero"]
Marcus Carr wrote:

But none the less, that is a GREAT engine, if they can really put that into a PC or Console without having to dull down the graphics, this will produce awesome looking games.

Well they could probably do it in a PC but in consoles would be hard and the PC will suffer because of it because usually companies don't bother optimizing their games to take advantage of the PC capabilities.
Of course even consoles can do a lot better with the right optimization. Games like Black or GT4 on PS2 show that the right optimization can do wonders no matter how weak you think the hardware is. Those games still look better than many games coming out now in modern consoles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1