• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unrelated songs that make you think of certain anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quote
RGaspar wrote:
Anyway, I remember a song: "Ode To Joy" from Beethoven's 9th Symphony, I totally related that one to Neon Genesis Evangelion. Since a godly anime deserved a godly song, or so I thought back then ^___^

I prefer the second movement, but the tidbit of the fourth (the full thing is over 20 minutes long) they used certainly worked for the scene.
Lupin7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Songs by You me at six, AFI and simple plan always make me think of AMVs that SHOULD be made Anime hyper

Especially 'The swarm' You me at six <3 Awesome song that relates to so many anime Anime smile
Newtman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
I listen to a LOT of music (mostly metal, punk, alternative, etc.) but whenever I listen to Everlong by Foo Fighters, for example, I think of two anime-style characters duking it out with each other in an alley in a futuristic city. When I listen to Changes by 2Pac, I think of an unknown anime mirroring the lyrics. If it's Night Prowler by AC/DC, I think of an assassin stalking some girl, while listening to I Am The Walrus, I think of either Fooly Cooly or some really trippy-looking anime, and I sort of think of an anime dogfight near what appears to be some sort of farm during a storm when I hear Sugar, We're Going Down by Fall Out Boys, ironically the lyrics are very unrelated to dogfights. If any anime thought mentioned sound familiar to you, then I must inform you that I probably never heared of them.(I was quite young at that time, by the way.)
Shocked .....weird......

Apr.1:Also, I dreamt I was at what looks like a Luau cosplay convention while Sunset In July and Footloose (Regular Show version, then the actual version) play, and I think of another unknown anime about a college graduate returning to his home to the last part of Green Day's Homecoming. Plus, every time I heard songs by The B-52s, I used to think about anime, and Dig Up Her Bones made me think of what looks like a black shuck. Shocked M'kay, now I'm finished. Laughing
Sorry if I'm trolling. Embarassed

Last edited by Newtman on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:14 am; edited 3 times in total
sunli123

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:00 am Reply with quote
This is a tough one for me. I really like it . i like misic bring us a lot of feeling . thank you for you bring me a different feeling.
victor viper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:31 am Reply with quote
RGaspar wrote:

Couldn't listen to Ode To Joy without remembering Evangelion, and couldn't see Eva without thinking that song was just the perfect fit.

For me, the 9th symphony will never be an unrelated song in anime, since it's such a key part of the final episode of season 1 of Gunslinger Girl.

But back to the topic, any Oasis song makes me think of Eden of the East. Do the opening song, be linked to the anime for perpetuity, I suppose.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2