• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gia's List: The 7 Least Artistic Characters in Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Lol, I haven't watched Sket Dance yet but I admit, I can even draw better than that ;o

And aww...poor Rukia
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sceleris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Chinatsu in the pseudo-yuri pseudo-comedy series Yuruyuri is worthy of mention, at least on the topic of anti-artistic characters. In episode 6 she shows that her art is on the level of Yuu Kobayashi's.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
giseki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote
woah Yuu Kobayashi's art was amazing...destroyed my mind.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Cool article. I laughed at the Mamori and Rukia ones.
Kaoruu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Haha nice list!
But where is Edward with his drawing of Xiao mei? Laughing
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Poor Sakaki-san.. I have always felt her pain... ;-;. Yes her drawings where childish but dammit you don't mess with peoples art.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gilnokoibito

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Where is Edward Elric and Mephisto!? They're both quite horrible at drawing! Anime hyper
dragon695

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The people who draw manga and anime, as a general rule, are decent artists.

Forget anime characters who draw, what about the TERRIBAD art behind Sazae, which-for God only knows what reason-is constantly #1 in the ratings lately.

I guess it is like South Park, right? Not in content, but in the fact that people like it despite the art.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Should be noted that Rukia's drawing skills run in her family. Bakuya also has terrible artistic sense but it's even funnier in his case since he's always so serious and cool.

Himeko's drawings are bad, but Roman's stuff is pretty awful too. She honestly thinks she's a great artist, though, and it doesn't help that her manga actually got serialized once. The stories themselves are terrible too.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Should be noted that Rukia's drawing skills run in her family. Bakuya also has terrible artistic sense but it's even funnier in his case since he's always so serious and cool.

Byakuya has good calligraphy skills though lol
Tris8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Lol, as soon as I saw the title of this List I knew Rukia would be on it Anime hyper But I'm surprised Sakaki is on it. From Azumanga Daioh, the terrible artist that come to mind is actually Chiyo-chan. I can't stop thinking about her terrible rendition of a panda Anime hyper
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Yeah but for some reason his art is actually a little bit more "elegant", though I'm saying that loosely. Anime hyper

I'm so glad I practice my drawing. I'd be horrified if it looked anything like these. XP

In regards to the previous poll about motormouths, I'm surprised Dotta from Sorcerer Hunters didn't get on that list. Man that girl talks up a storm (well, during next episode previews in the TV series and during one scene in the OVA anyway).
tcdelaney

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:16 pm Reply with quote
It only just counts as an anime (1 OVA covering the first few chapters of the manga) but Yuushin from Hiyokoi is a pretty bad artist. Although he's probably better than me ...

If you haven't read the manga, it's a nice slice-of-life. There is a similar feel at times to both Kimi ni Todoke and Toradora due to the setup, but it's much calmer and less-angsty than either.

And Hiyorin is one of the cutest characters I've ever seen!
catandmouse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Kiri from Beauty Pop was missing. She's a genius hairstylist, but she can't draw to save her life.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I think they should also do an a review of the "The 7 Most Artistic Characters in Anime"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2