• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Thermae Romae (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camiru Mylle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:41 am Reply with quote

Thermae Romae (TV)

Genres: comedy
Themes: time travel

Plot Summary: In 128 AD, Lucius is a bathhouse architect in the Ancient Roman Empire. When he loses his job, a friend takes him to a bath to relax. There, he is transported to a bathhouse present-day Japan.
----------------------------------

I was so surprise by this anime...so hella funny!!
Who would have thought anime about baths could be funny..
I'm giving this 4/5. Laughing
EireformContinent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:26 am Reply with quote
I was afraid that it will seem too bizarre to be subbed, fortunately 6 eps weren't too long to give a try.
As a history nerd I couldn't miss it and enjoyed every minute. Regards to creators that they succeeded in presenting cultural nuances in way interesting for already interested and not too complicated for newcomers. The idea itself brilliantly summered Romans as little cultural thieves Very Happy The message of the show is also very heart-warming- anywhere and any time you go, you will meet friendly people willing to help you even if they don't understand a word. Even if they are any complications there's no problem that can't be solved by hot bath.

I know that South Park style of animation can be, but in that case it doesn't matter, since it's based on dialogues.

What did Lucius drink in fist episode? Yoghurt?
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:35 am Reply with quote
EireformContinent wrote:
What did Lucius drink in fist episode? Yoghurt?
I remember reading somewhere he drinks some fruity-flavored milk in that episode(never watched the show).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1