• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Danny Choo Announces Moekana Instructional Flash Cards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:19 am Reply with quote
lol, the chibis are moerific. I sort of expected a higher price actually.

Now if they had a (large) set for kanji instead ....
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:31 am Reply with quote
Only 1,120yen on AmiAmi.

Kinda tempted to get a set since they're fairly cheap and seem to be designed for English speakers. However they're coming out in April which is turning out to be an expensive month for figure collectors (I've got 7 figures pre-ordered for just April).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Davidnes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:46 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Only 1,120yen on AmiAmi.

Kinda tempted to get a set since they're fairly cheap and seem to be designed for English speakers. However they're coming out in April which is turning out to be an expensive month for figure collectors (I've got 7 figures pre-ordered for just April).

AmiAmi doesn't ship them out of Japan for some reason.
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:55 am Reply with quote
Davidnes wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Only 1,120yen on AmiAmi.

Actually I contacted them about another item that had "Remarks For sale in Japan only." They said it was because of the site update that they were still working on the the site info and the remarks was an error. ' 3 ' So this might be the same as for the other item I inquired about.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:59 am Reply with quote
Oh, man would I buy this if I could.

The characters are just plain adorable. Plus, it's high-time I learned Katakana and Hiragana.
Donpablo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
Davidnes wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Only 1,120yen on AmiAmi.

Disregard that notice, many products site the same thing but will still be shipped outside of Japan. I think its more of a legality type thing.
Mirri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Donpablo wrote:
Davidnes wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Only 1,120yen on AmiAmi.

Disregard that notice, many products site the same thing but will still be shipped outside of Japan. I think its more of a legality type thing.

It refers to significant discounts that Japanese websites had on figures and such, and American distributors were complaining that their direct-from-manufacturer imports were being undercut and they were unable to make a profit... so the significant discounts are only available in Japan now.

It's a deal with figures, dunno why it's applied to other items.

edit: Oh. It's GSC. It's applied to all Good Smile Company items. That's why.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote
AmiAmi's English language store sells at a sharp discount, too, not just the Japanese store (though they occasionally get special sales). The line "for sale in Japan only" has been on the site for years, it has nothing to do with the update. It's more or less just means the figure originates from Japan, anything on the English store will ship outside of Japan.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
grooven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Hiragana cards? Really? Kanji would be more useful. Hiragana is very easy to learn and hardly need pictures to help out.

Also pretty much every game has for Japan only as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1