• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Viz Media Announces New 3-ini-1 Omnibus Manga Editions for Hana Kimi and Skip Beat!

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shukero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news! I loved the anime, and was already thinking about getting the manga, so this is just a bonus Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm not into either of these series, but it still brings me good news, because maybe Viz might release 3-in-1 omnibus volumes of some other manga I've been either wanting to get, or wanting to complete without having to hunt down missing volumes.
Saffire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I jumped on Hana Kimi when I first saw the listing at RightStuf. It's the series that finally got me interested in shojo manga. Years later and I still can't get over the fact that it never got an anime.
shukero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
I jumped on Hana Kimi when I first saw the listing at RightStuf. It's the series that finally got me interested in shojo manga. Years later and I still can't get over the fact that it never got an anime.

Who knows it might still have a chance if it's continuing to do well. Although the main buying market over in japan is usually otaku's that are interested in the oposite situation as the one in this manga (IE boy dresses up as girl, and not girl dresses as boy) I haven't read any of this particular manga yet, but I'm as baffled as you are that it's got at least 20 volumes out in the usa alone and there's no anime :\

Seems these animation companies/investors are holding their money very close to their chests.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Saffire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
Saffire wrote:

Who knows it might still have a chance if it's continuing to do well. Although the main buying market over in japan is usually otaku's that are interested in the oposite situation as the one in this manga (IE boy dresses up as girl, and not girl dresses as boy) I haven't read any of this particular manga yet, but I'm as baffled as you are that it's got at least 20 volumes out in the usa alone and there's no anime :\

Seems these animation companies/investors are holding their money very close to their chests.
Well, the otokonoko craze is pretty recent, whereas Hana Kimi ended back in 2004. I'd be surprised if it got an anime at this point, but you never know I suppose.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 am Reply with quote
I prefer the VIZBIG editions because they have color pages. I'm really not a fan of the 3-in-1 editions. :/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1