• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tsuritama TV Anime's 2nd Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I still don't know what to make of this one. I used to watch everything Noitamina had to offer, but lately it hasn't been doing that well. I'm also not thrilled with the scenario -- sci-fi fishing?
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quote
LaFreccia wrote:
I still don't know what to make of this one. I used to watch everything Noitamina had to offer, but lately it hasn't been doing that well. I'm also not thrilled with the scenario -- sci-fi fishing?

Same here.

This is some weird stuff, but the characters sound interesting enough, and the premise sounds like it's actually something different, which could be gold.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
...and the mysterious Indian Akira (Tomokazu Sugita) with his constant duck companion Tapioca.

Well, now I can't stop thinking about what Colin Mochrie did on a certain segment of Whose Line is it Anyway.

Also, I need to ask this because it's gonna bug me otherwise. And I'm hoping no one gives me any lip with stuff like, "there aren't really a lot of shows like this" or "there's no trend", or whatever and frankly, this might be pure coincidence too. I dunno, I'm just making an observation here. But.... what is with there being one show every single season since this past fall about an all-male cast screwing around in their daily lives, like with Kimi ni Boku and The Daily Lives of High School Boys? Again, I'm just making an observation here, that's all.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...sci fi fishing, what a unique yet strange concept. Noitamina definitely offers unique shows such as Un-go, [C], BRS, etc. Not sure if I'm going to watch this or marathon tbh .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crystal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Woah! Miina Tominaga and Fumi Hirano? I feel like they haven't done much in forever! Nice to see some seiyuu who've been working for more than 15 years in a new project. >Razz
naninanino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:49 pm Reply with quote
It was youth fishing, not scifi fishing. There is no scifi here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1