• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/stay night (remake)?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wowoekek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote
first of all, i heard in myanimelist.net that the secret ending is that spoiler[the main character works hard (like he said he would) and saves a lot of people. he becomes a heroic soul. In one case, he couldn't save some people, so he made a deal: he will become the counter-guardian.

a counter-guardian basically kill the bad guys to save the ordinary people. he becomes to hate it and his desire for the holy grail started, and he became archer. And than, you know, he dies. HOWEVER, the main character goes to Avalon, where he meets Saber, and she says "wecome back."
THE END? FIN?(WHO KNOWS REALLY? )]

(I would love it if they continued the story from there).

now for the second season, i think it could be possible to have one(i'm just guessing ok? Don't get mad at me) Wink ... the anime made a lot of money, and a lot of people apparently want a sequel or a redo of the story or the ending. (people, including me, like spoiler[happy endings]) Very Happy .

killheaps, you could try mailing the company branch or the important people that made it. Did you know a lot of animes were created this ways? (i might try it myself, i can do a little bit of japanese myself.)Smile

I totally agree with your thinking killheaps, so don't give up!

PPS. ikillchicken, i live in the same city as you LOL Shocked Shocked

Last edited by wowoekek on Wed May 16, 2012 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dhaos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:24 am Reply with quote
Can u please learn how to use the spoiler tag?
thanks.
wowoekek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Oh, haha......
Sorry..... Embarassed
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
wowoekek,

You *can* go back and edit your earlier post... you know, to put in the spoiler tags.
wowoekek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Guys, if you see carnival phantasm ep 8, it says in the end 'see you in season 3 of fate stay night.'
I wonder what it means Question
perhaps another season Idea
wowoekek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
If you see carnival phantasm ep 12, they are talking of season 4 or a continuation!!!

I HOPE FOR SEQUEL OF FATE STAY NIGHT!!!
THE ENDING WAS SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
I WANT TO SEE SEASON 4!!!!!!!!!
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Ferian wrote:
Also, avoid the UBW movie like plague.

People keep condemning this movie, but didn't they aim it at people who are already into the franchise? Because the way they fast forwarded the beginning (or to be more precise, skipped) made it a bit clear.

There's a good saying which goes like this "If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will grow up thinking it's stupid".

For me who had only seen Night and never bothered with the novels it was great. I don't see why you're applying the perspective of the novel reader or a franchise beginner to someone who explicitly said that he has watched Fate/stay Night.

Even if I didn't know the franchise before, I'd still have liked it. While understanding and liking something is parallel, I don't think or consider it the same.

Furthermore, going by what novel readers say (I wouldn't excuse manga fans either), I'd never watch any anime. Sorry, not much reliability there.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quote
UBW movie is great.
jl07045

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:49 am Reply with quote
I've read the novel. I'd still say the movie was fun. Sure, they could develop the characters better, but fireworks were good enough to not care much for that.
Ferian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:06 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
People keep condemning this movie,

And they will keep doing that, for the movie sucks.

egoist wrote:
but didn't they aim it at people who are already into the franchise?

No. If they aimed it at people who were into the franchise they would not have butchered almost every battle in the scenario.

egoist wrote:
There's a good saying which goes like this "If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will grow up thinking it's stupid".

If the fish can't swim and is afraid of water, what do you judge it by?

egoist wrote:
For me who had only seen Night and never bothered with the novels it was great. I don't see why you're applying the perspective of the novel reader or a franchise beginner to someone who explicitly said that he has watched Fate/stay Night.

I thought that obvious - because I despise DEEN for making such a mediocre adaptation of one of the best VNs ever and then finishing the job with a movie that largely robs people of the enjoyment of reading the same route in the VN due to its condensed spoiling of the events without properly telling them.
And really, you should bother yourself with the novels. Not only are they worth the time and effort, even if you have seen the series and the movie, by the virtue of being several tiers better but also because as it is, I can't help but take your words as those of someone who just "doesn't know better".

egoist wrote:
Even if I didn't know the franchise before, I'd still have liked it.

Good for you. This doesn't change the fact that it's a failure of an adaptation.

egoist wrote:
Furthermore, going by what novel readers say (I wouldn't excuse manga fans either), I'd never watch any anime. Sorry, not much reliability there.

Not really. There are anime adaptations that are as good or even better than their originals. From the top of my head, Aria adapts its manga without losing a single bit of quality, and even improving the overall immersement via excellent voice work and music. Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai improves the uneven storytelling and pacing of the first volumes of the manga, making for a better overall experience. Kanon (2006) has better art (by far) than its VN, and removes a very annoying implication of the game (picking one heroine -> not picking everyone else -> bad ends for half of the cast).

This list can go on for quite a while. Anyway, there are good adaptations out there. There are even some that trump the original work in some aspects or the overall impression. And I admit that. However, when an adaptation is nothing short of awful, I don't see why a fan of the novel would stay quiet and just swallow such a movie.
wowoekek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Although I agree that they have butchered some parts in the anime and the movie (I personally hated the ending for fate stay night, not to mention that they killed most of the side characters off (especially Illyasviel, it was gross and giligamesh should have died), don't be so critical. A lot of people put a lot of effort in making the movie and some people like it.
Try staying optimistic?

Can anyone tell me is there a manga or anything that can be made into a fourth season for fate? I know there is hollow Axteria, but is it even a anime?

Last edited by wowoekek on Wed May 02, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
There is a depressing lack of Fate/ talk and a depressing excess of economic financial talk in this thread...

Money is what makes the world go 'round..... Wink
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:18 am Reply with quote
Just because UBW movie was intended to cater to fans, doesn't mean the fans can't call the film crap.

Which it was.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:30 am Reply with quote
Kirkdawg wrote:
Just because UBW movie was intended to cater to fans, doesn't mean the fans can't call the film crap.

Which it was.

One man's crap is another's perfectly acceptable entertainment.
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:16 am Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
Kirkdawg wrote:

Which it was.

One man's crap is another's perfectly acceptable entertainment.

I never said otherwise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4