• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sunrise Indicates Possibility of More Code Geass

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:17 pm Reply with quote
You idiot. Anime hyper Don't you realize the only way that sentence parses is if "A major character development happened" is covering up spoiler["Lelouche is dead."]
Jarmel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quote
It doesn't really matter, retcon can undo many things. Look at Superman. They have some loopholes they can work with so it wouldn't really be that hard.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I'd be fine either way. The second season ended fine for me. spoiler[I'm of the opinion that Lulu has the code and is still alive given the many signs. If there doesn't end up being more that's fine.] But, the possibillity is there, and I've enjoyed the universe so far so more would be welcome.
Zipper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I really liked both seasons of Geass but there doesn't need to be anymore. Do something else. Something new.
jetz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:17 am Reply with quote
Zipper wrote:
I really liked both seasons of Geass but there doesn't need to be anymore. Do something else. Something new.

Yeah - like a new set of characters, maybe a new world or at least a different time from the original story. I don't think I want to see the same characters all over again (well, except maybe C.C. cause it wouldn't be that surprising to see her in another time and dimension), continuing the same story. I don't think a remake will work either.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:24 am Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the series caught flack for having a rather unlikable protagonist, yes? In much the same way people debate the choice of Light as DN's focus. So with a character who is reviled in some circles, wouldn't it make more sense to spoiler[let him stay dead]?

Lelouch is one of the most popular characters of the decade....
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:29 am Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:

What the hell is he going to do if he makes it clear that everything he did is a lie? That his not the gutsy writer that he claimed to be? He lied in the guide?

Or, you know, Sunrise decided to ignore him and rewrite the ending to suit their own plans, if they revisit the same universe and don't just create a parallel story...it would then be a question of whether Okouchi is going to be brought back as a writer or someone else has to carry out those duties.

Still, I'm hoping that they are a little smarter than that and avoid the issue entirely.

That would be a new low for Bandai/Sunrise.

What's next a sequel to Char's Counterattack without Tomino?
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quote
I hope they don't do anything other than a recap, alternate ending, or a short OVA about what happened to the surviving cast.

R2 ended the series on a perfect note imo. I don't want to see them undue all of that to tack some half baked thing where dead people come back alive and are back to their old ways for yet another adventure.
imperative7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:10 am Reply with quote
This is very exciting news for me as a fan but for those who wonder how there could be more Geass after what happened at the end of R2 spoiler[Lelouch being stabbed in the chest by Suzaku dressed up as Zero and appearing to die] there are a few things that we should keep in mind:

1. The rules for Geass power and CC's powers were never clearly defined outside of a few basic paramaters. We don't know how strong Lelouch's power was in the end and what spoiler[his killing his father did to him if anything.] Anything is possible on that front alone.

2. We don't know spoiler[where Suzaku stabbed Lelouch. I always thought that it was in the chest but not the heart. If it was the heart, there is no way that Lelouch could have said anything to his sister but he did in the end. Also we have to keep in mind that in the end Suzaku may not have had the desire to finish Lelouch off as he wanted to earlier. He was a nice guy at heart and he couldn't bring himself to stab him in a truly fatal way and may have missed vital organs. The scenes in ep. 25 aren't clear about this.]

3. Lelouch is able to communicate with his sister as CC could earlier using her power to connect with someone's mind. Lelouch couldn't do this before at all and this was a new ability. We don't know what this means either.

4. There is a great deal of story left to be told including the orgins of Geass, CC's real name and history, the imagery that always accompanied Geass throughout the series and the metaphysical stuff that happened in Geass along with other character stuff.

5. Real heroes don't get to die so easily. A hero always comes back for more and there is plenty of story left for a character as interesting as Lelouch. Plus, a hero always gets another round and no character in anime deserves another round more than Lelouch. And I believe in the legend of Zero so in the end I know that he will be back.

As I said before, if Geass ends as it did with the end of R2 then it's fine but I will be very happy if Lelouch comes back for more. This news made my holiday and I can only hope that any future Geass is as great or even better than R2 was (and I loved R2 a great deal). Very Happy
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:15 am Reply with quote
I liked lulu and I believe that spoiler[He was driving the hay cart] maybe an OVA would be ok. to tie up loose ends but another full season... no. One reason I say this is because literally 10 minutes or so after R2 ended two things happened. People started arguing about spoiler[ whether Lelouch was alive or not ] and tons of kallen and C.C doujin, fan art and unofficial pervert toys showed up all over. Sunrise is embracing this joyfully and I believe that Sunrise being Sunrise would most certainly sacrifice resolution of loose ends and answering questions for a seasons worth of fan pandering ecchi. Not that it doesn't work to make a quick buck off a show but when there are questions that need to be answered the CLAMP version of "Ken Akamatsu's super summer special" is not going to work.
Another reason is that I'm scared of a GSD style CG Shocked
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:31 am Reply with quote
Here comes Code Geass: SEED Destiny Rolling Eyes with the DVD sales and the phenomenoal popularity, despite the shoddiness of R2, I expected that Sunrise won't let go of such a cash cow anytime soon.

The only thing that was left to the imagination spoiler[(other than Lulu's fate)] is the origin of geass and the nature of the geass cult. But if they are intending to do another TV series that takes place within the universe of Lelouch of the Rebellion, then they could come up with a political struggle within Britannia, like spoiler[Nunnaly has siblings that aren't satisfied with her being the empress] and such. As for the geass provioder in this series, spoiler[C.C.'s story had seemingly ended in R2, but it wasn't hinted that she was the last remaining code provider on Earth, but I could see her returning as cameo with Lelouch to affect whatever conflict Sunrise comes up with.]

spoiler[And yes, as long as the question remains about what happened to Charles' code after his confrontation with Lulu and how the latter's right eye returned to normal after his geass reached the maximum level, I think that Lulu was revived with the code after his death. If they wanted to make his death conclusive, then they should've removed any ambiguity to his fate by clearing up those issues within the series or in some of their books. That's my belief anyway.]

Last edited by Raven Shinobi on Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:37 am Reply with quote
This is the exact reason they didn'tspoiler[clear up the matter of Lulu's death. To leave things open for what I'm now going to call Code Geass: SD]
Sorry but I really don't have any faith left in Sunrise. Sad
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:13 am Reply with quote
So far what I read was interesting. I had something in mind like the "Lelouch Double Theory." Like in one of the episodes spoiler[Sayoko puts on a mask and pretends to be Lulu for some time.] I think that the same thing can be done to anyone considering what kind of power Lelouch had. If that were to happen then Lelouch can travel the country side of Britania with C.C. in hope to make money and eat apples. Oh wait...

Anyways I believe Lelouch would be best spoiler[kept dead.] Considering how fantastic that ending truly was for a whole lot of people. So no R3 for you!, etc. I personally cried at the last few minute of that episode. I too had read some of "Nightmare of Nunnally" and found it to be pretty amusing, I really liked Zero's costume in that one. Lelouch's status within the spin-off was questionable but it could be plausible to make an anime out of the manga.
shadowblack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:15 am Reply with quote
Personally I hope for a new season that is a continuation of the first season, and an alternative (hopefully better) version of the second season.
Zipper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:08 am Reply with quote
jetz wrote:
Zipper wrote:

Yeah - like a new set of characters, maybe a new world or at least a different time from the original story. I don't think I want to see the same characters all over again (well, except maybe C.C. cause it wouldn't be that surprising to see her in another time and dimension), continuing the same story. I don't think a remake will work either.

I meant "new" as in something that's not Code Geass. lol
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7