• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon ends

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreedomRed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:49 am Reply with quote
Well, the live-action Sailor Moon ended this week. It was a great show with great characters and a nice story. I was sad when it ended.

Though in the end of the last Act, they said "See You Again".
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:22 pm Reply with quote
There's supposed to be some sort of announcement on Friday. Of course, Toei hasn't really hinted about what the announcement is going to be Anime smile

I really liked the series overall. There was happiness and sadness and everything.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:32 pm Reply with quote
*Crosses her fingers and hopes it'll be the announcement of another season of that zainy girl sentai show*

I haven't been able to see anything since ep 43, but I love the show to bits, and thought they did a great job with it. It's kinda sad they aren't going through with more of it because I would of loved to see the outersenshi.
FreedomRed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Rumors and speculations still abound and with the Oct 1 announcement, things are still up in the air. Plus there's still that supposed DVD Act to be sold in November.
jay saenz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I' m not a big fan of sentai shows, but I have seen the first 2 episodes of Pretty Guardian Sailormoon and I felt kind of dispointed.

I ve read reviews about this series and the general opinion is that there are a lot of better japanese tv dramas based on mangas like Sky High or GTO.

Anyway, if you guys think is good, perhaps i should find the rest of the first season and give the live action sailorscouts another chance...
FreedomRed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:38 pm Reply with quote
jay saenz wrote:
I' m not a big fan of sentai shows, but I have seen the first 2 episodes of Pretty Guardian Sailormoon and I felt kind of dispointed.

I ve read reviews about this series and the general opinion is that there are a lot of better japanese tv dramas based on mangas like Sky High or GTO.

Anyway, if you guys think is good, perhaps i should find the rest of the first season and give the live action sailorscouts another chance...

This is a show that should not be judged by the first few episodes since it progresses as it goes on. The story deepens past Act 10 and gets even better past 30. The Sailor Senshi also develop their characters as time goes on too, especially Rei (Mars).
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen Sky High, but I can tell you that GTO is far, far better than PGSM.

PGSM has its good moments, and it definitely improves after the early episodes. Unfortunately, most of the "drama" is just killed by poor acting and directing. If you're a fan of SM, give it another try. Otherwise, it's probably not worth your time.
FreedomRed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I loved GTO drama, very very much, but I can't compare it to PGSM. PGSM is tokusatsu, GTO is drama. The fact that both came from manga/anime doesn't make them the same. The ctaegories are different, since PGSM is fantasy while GTO is more reality based. Even in anime form the two are of different categories.
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:14 pm Reply with quote
GTO a special-effects show? Nah.

Sure, they're different kinds of shows, but if I had the choice between 9 or so hours of GTO and 20 of PGSM, I'd go for GTO every time.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:
There's supposed to be some sort of announcement on Friday. Of course, Toei hasn't really hinted about what the announcement is going to be Anime smile

Maybe they are teaming up with long-running anime magazine Protoculture Addicts and ANN was only in the mix to keep the seat warm. ^__~
FreedomRed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:33 am Reply with quote
http://www.toei.co.jp/tv/sailormoon/index.asp

This is the big announcement! One final act that's 60 minutes long.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:48 am Reply with quote
Well that's disspointing seeing as the fans already figured out that was coming when the dvd was showing up on sites like amazon.jp a couple weeks ago. *sighs* Toei dissapoints again.

Translation of the page:

There's just one week left until Usagi and Mamoru's wedding.

It's been several years since that last battle. And just now, a new enemy has...! Yet the 5 girls can't transform, and are at their wit's end.

Facing their last battle, the five of them are...

The rest can be found at http://www.genvid.com/

Several years after, eh? Sad I was hoping for outer senshi.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Miagi wrote:
I haven't seen Sky High, but I can tell you that GTO is far, far better than PGSM.

PGSM has its good moments, and it definitely improves after the early episodes. Unfortunately, most of the "drama" is just killed by poor acting and directing. If you're a fan of SM, give it another try. Otherwise, it's probably not worth your time.

What? This coming from the world's biggest male PGSM fan? You gotta be kidding me!
Moonstruck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:48 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Well that's disspointing seeing as the fans already figured out that was coming when the dvd was showing up on sites like amazon.jp a couple weeks ago. *sighs* Toei dissapoints again.

Translation of the page:

There's just one week left until Usagi and Mamoru's wedding.

It's been several years since that last battle. And just now, a new enemy has...! Yet the 5 girls can't transform, and are at their wit's end.

Facing their last battle, the five of them are...

The rest can be found at http://www.genvid.com/

Several years after, eh? Sad I was hoping for outer senshi.

I hate Toei. Evil or Very Mad Wonder why the sudden end? Evil or Very Mad
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Moonstruck wrote:
I hate Toei. Evil or Very Mad Wonder why the sudden end? Evil or Very Mad

They didn't suddenly end it, it was schedualed for 50 eps only. There was a problem I think where they had to make it one ep less or something, but other than that they ran it for as many eps they planned to run it at.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2