• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nazo no Kanojo X TV Anime's Ad Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I've yet to read the manga version of the series but I'm going to keep an eye on this series.

Yandere girlfriend, anyone?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:05 am Reply with quote
leads ANN article shows this as her only work...i love seeing VAs debut. hopefully this will work out for her. she doesnt sound too bad in hte trailer. i like how old school the character designs look
Volibear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:24 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
erm, spoiler[no, definitely not, more of a cold GF, doesn't very often show she cares a whole lot but then she does something to show she really does]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Volibear wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
erm, spoiler[no, definitely not, more of a cold GF, doesn't very often show she cares a whole lot but then she does something to show she really does]

Oh I see. I haven't read the manga yet lol so I just drew that conclusion based on no support. I liked the part where you said about "she does something to show"...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Volibear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Volibear wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Oh I see. I haven't read the manga yet lol so I just drew that conclusion based on no support. I liked the part where you said about "she does something to show"...
i can see how you'd draw that conclusion though, i noticed it myself when i watched the trailer and thought it seemed abit weird, but its been a very long time since i've read the chapters that'd be getting adapted given that its a monthly release so i just ignored it as my memory faultering on me

hmm, i didn't even notice how that sounded when i typed it, i guess people can interpret that however they will.....
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I been told the manga is actually very good; hope the anime turns out well and some R1 company licenses it from Hoods Entertainment.

In fact I hope it's part of a package deal. I want Seikon no Qwaser and Manyuu Hikenchou to get licensed too. Very Happy
Dop.L

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
i like how old school the character designs look

I'm in total agreement there, that was the first thing I noticed from the trailer!

I read some of the manga a while back, so I'm looking forward to this show, and the trailer looks promising!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
I been told the manga is actually very good; hope the anime turns out well and some R1 company licenses it from Hoods Entertainment.

In fact I hope it's part of a package deal. I want Seikon no Qwaser and Manyuu Hikenchou to get licensed too. Very Happy

It was good, and then it hit a brick wall and actually regressed in character relationships. I always envisioned Uraba sounding like how Misaki Mei does from Another, kinda of soft spoken and deliberate.
shukero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Hmm, I've yet to read the manga version of the series but I'm going to keep an eye on this series.

I've seen the manga; and by the look of the ad, it looks like they sold the anime to a lower budget animation studio. The manga art looks a bit better, but i guess we'll have to see if they touch up the art.

This is a very unique manga series, but thanks to that "japan uniqueness" I highly doubt anyone will grab either the manga or the anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kohii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
FrameFreeze100 wrote:

It was good, and then it hit a brick wall and actually regressed in character relationships. I always envisioned Uraba sounding like how Misaki Mei does from Another, kinda of soft spoken and deliberate.

The Hayakawa arc was quite awesome, but the idol arc really set it back. It was treading water after that, but now, the film arc is showing some promise.
Also, I agree with you on Urabe's voice. Sounds too lively her character
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
That... is not what I expected Urabe to sound like. Well, we'll see if I get used to it.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
Dop.L wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
i like how old school the character designs look

I'm in total agreement there, that was the first thing I noticed from the trailer!

I read some of the manga a while back, so I'm looking forward to this show, and the trailer looks promising!

Same here, the character designs have a 90's feel to them as does the animation quality. It's on my radar for sure. A pleasant looking diversion from the typical recent animation we've been seeing lately.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1