Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Podcast of 1000 Questions with Jason Thompson


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Yorozuya



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Posts: 332

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I was so disappointed by Rin-ne, I supposed everyone has their time. At least I'll always have Maison Ikkoku to cherish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Asterisk-CGY



Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 261

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I do say the attempt to do the simultaneous online release of Rinne was really nice. I followed that for a good 60 chapters it ran for. But he's right, the theme is just too formulaic and not really intriguing enough. What it looked like was trying to take the serious characters of Inuyasha and putting them into episodic situations like Urursei Yatsura. But when the main guy is this stoic straight man humor has a hard time bouncing off him. Both UY and Ranma had the guy nice and loud so his misfortune was a real blow to their egos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tuxedocat
Aria CompanyAria Company


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 2041

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Entertaining Podcast!

Nice to hear all the love for Araki today. Funny coincidence; while I was listening the mailman delivered my copy of Araki's Rohan at the Louvre.

I hope Jason will review it.

The book is gorgeous. Everything I could wish for in manga. Hardback and perfect bound, with exquisite paper quality (like 80# text satin) and full color all the way through! They didn't cut corners on any part of it. I paid about $18 including shipping and it is worth every penny.

re Doujinshi: I think there is a place for it in an encyclopedia, but only if it is done by a doujinshi circle created by the original authors. One such example would be the "Mad Cookie Monster" circle which is basically the two mangaka who created Tactics, and their naughty non-cannon Tactics doujinshi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
kpk



Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 334

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Kishi also said Naruto is near it's end.

The manga will probably end by the end of this year and the Anime will end sometime by the end of next year.


So both Bleach and Naruto will end in the next two years, and then what?

What will replace them?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3299
Location: Louisville, KY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
kpk wrote:
Kishi also said Naruto is near it's end.

The manga will probably end by the end of this year and the Anime will end sometime by the end of next year.


So both Bleach and Naruto will end in the next two years, and then what?

What will replace them?!


Fairly Tail, Sket Dance, Beezlebub, Toriko do you need me to go on??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
tuxedocat
Aria CompanyAria Company


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 2041

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:39 pm Reply with quote
kpk wrote:
Kishi also said Naruto is near it's end.

The manga will probably end by the end of this year and the Anime will end sometime by the end of next year.


Wow! That's news!!

I haven't seen this reported on ANN or any other anime news source!!!

You should provide a link to the article and e-mail ANN's new dept. ASAP!!!!

[/sarcasmlulz]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
kpk



Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 334

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
kpk wrote:
Kishi also said Naruto is near it's end.

The manga will probably end by the end of this year and the Anime will end sometime by the end of next year.


Wow! That's news!!

I haven't seen this reported on ANN or any other anime news source!!!

You should provide a link to the article and e-mail ANN's new dept. ASAP!!!!


animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=973880
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tuxedocat
Aria CompanyAria Company


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 2041

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote
kpk wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
kpk wrote:
Kishi also said Naruto is near it's end.

The manga will probably end by the end of this year and the Anime will end sometime by the end of next year.


Wow! That's news!!

I haven't seen this reported on ANN or any other anime news source!!!

You should provide a link to the article and e-mail ANN's new dept. ASAP!!!!


animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=973880


So, .... your "news link" is a .....forum discussion.

-
-
-
Anime smallmouth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
scrumly1
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 12 Jan 2011
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
kpk wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
kpk wrote:
Kishi also said Naruto is near it's end.

The manga will probably end by the end of this year and the Anime will end sometime by the end of next year.


Wow! That's news!!

I haven't seen this reported on ANN or any other anime news source!!!

You should provide a link to the article and e-mail ANN's new dept. ASAP!!!!


animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=973880


So, .... your "news link" is a .....forum discussion.

-
-
-
Anime smallmouth

With a link to the original article preview on Shonen Jump Alpha. At least read the link first before dismissing it out of hand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tuxedocat
Aria CompanyAria Company


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 2041

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:29 am Reply with quote
scrumly1 wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
kpk wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
kpk wrote:
Kishi also said Naruto is near it's end.

The manga will probably end by the end of this year and the Anime will end sometime by the end of next year.


Wow! That's news!!

I haven't seen this reported on ANN or any other anime news source!!!

You should provide a link to the article and e-mail ANN's new dept. ASAP!!!!


animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=973880


So, .... your "news link" is a .....forum discussion.

-
-
-
Anime smallmouth

With a link to the original article preview on Shonen Jump Alpha. At least read the link first before dismissing it out of hand.



How nice of you to take over trolling for the other guy, who is suddenly MIA.Rolling Eyes

The link provided leads to a subscription page. I'm not paying a fee just to read about when, or if, this cash cow will be set out to pasture. Why doesn't the guy (or you) email a direct link to ANN's news department and let them verify it? They have the contacts to verify the information.

I'll only believe it if I see it here at ANN on the news page.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Hypeathon
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 12 Aug 2010
Posts: 909

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:32 am Reply with quote
Tuxedocat, none of that sarcastic, "f-you Shonen Jump Alpha," attitude is necessary, okay? Look I'm currently subscribed to Shonen Jump Alpha, I read both parts of the interview, and in the final question when Masashi Kishimoto was asked what message did he want to send to his fans in America, he said (and I quote):

Quote:
"Naruto is getting close to the climax of the series, and it’s going to get really heated from now on, so keep following Naruto until the end. That would make me really happy."


There you go. Not gonna transcibe the entire interview for you, but there you go. And if for whatever reason you still don't believe it (...sorry, no pun intended on that) and would be more convinced if you saw it on an ANN article, then you are totally free to feel that way. Just do bear in mind that knowing how the ANN staff would still at the end of the day want to respect companies like VIZ Media, regardless of whether their business descisions are favorable to fans or not, I highly HIGHLY doubt they would post an article that either transcibes or summarizes what's suppose to be an interview exclusive to Shonen Jump Alpha subscribers. Does this mean you should subscribe to it? No. No one is persuading you to. I'm just asking you asking to bear in mind what I said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. sickVisionz



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 1404

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:26 am Reply with quote
Is Naruto really on it's deathbed like Jason made it seem in the podcast? The manga is consistently one of the best selling whenever ANN puts out those weekly US manga sales list and it's still one of the top selling manga in Japan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Yorozuya



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Posts: 332

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:33 am Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Is Naruto really on it's deathbed like Jason made it seem in the podcast? The manga is consistently one of the best selling whenever ANN puts out those weekly US manga sales list and it's still one of the top selling manga in Japan.


Nah, it's just that fan enthusiasm has died down a bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
sainta



Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 907

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
Tuxedocat, none of that sarcastic, "f-you Shonen Jump Alpha," attitude is necessary, okay? Look I'm currently subscribed to Shonen Jump Alpha, I read both parts of the interview, and in the final question when Masashi Kishimoto was asked what message did he want to send to his fans in America, he said (and I quote):

Quote:
"Naruto is getting close to the climax of the series, and it’s going to get really heated from now on, so keep following Naruto until the end. That would make me really happy."


There you go. Not gonna transcibe the entire interview for you, but there you go. And if for whatever reason you still don't believe it (...sorry, no pun intended on that) and would be more convinced if you saw it on an ANN article, then you are totally free to feel that way. Just do bear in mind that knowing how the ANN staff would still at the end of the day want to respect companies like VIZ Media, regardless of whether their business descisions are favorable to fans or not, I highly HIGHLY doubt they would post an article that either transcibes or summarizes what's suppose to be an interview exclusive to Shonen Jump Alpha subscribers. Does this mean you should subscribe to it? No. No one is persuading you to. I'm just asking you asking to bear in mind what I said.


I also read that interview. It was a nice reading. It explained some nice things about Kishimoto such as that he became a father during the series' publication which resulted in the explanation of what happened with Naruto Uzumaki's parents, and how Naruto learned he was loved. It also mentioned things about how Kishimoto's knowledge of war as his grandparents lived in Hiroshima.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tuxedocat
Aria CompanyAria Company


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 2041

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
Tuxedocat, none of that sarcastic, "f-you Shonen Jump Alpha," attitude is necessary, okay?


What are you talking about? I never said "f-you Shonen Jump Alpha". I just said I wasn't going to pay a subscription fee to read one article.

My sarcasm was directed at the guy who stated as fact that "Naruto was ending within this year". Anime dazed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group