• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Beelzebub TV Anime to End on March 25

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:14 am Reply with quote
Now the ends in sight i expect this to be licensed before the year is out. At 60 episodes i think a battle between Viz and Funi is likely.
Heiji-sama

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:15 am Reply with quote
In fact news had posted 7th march and out in Shonen Jump #15.
https://twitter.com/#!/manganewsjapon/status/177323120816951297
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:29 am Reply with quote
blaize: I'd rather get the manga at this point, but Viz hasn't even brought over Watsuki's Frankenstein or Neko Majin Z yet.

But if the manga's still running, it's like Flame of Recca all over again. *sigh* It's a shame Beel didn't do better, but at least it got this far.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:58 am Reply with quote
blaizevincent wrote:
Now the ends in sight i expect this to be licensed before the year is out. At 60 episodes i think a battle between Viz and Funi is likely.

You do realize, that if an anime is ending in the middle of the season and in the middle of the story arc it means the show is doing pretty bad or something is wrong with production?

did you even watch the episode that aired today? that was a pretty half-assed ending.
Oraculo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:30 am Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad Nooooooooooooooooooo!!! Anime cry
I'm definitely losing my faith/patience in today's anime audience...
Why do they continually patronize the crap shows and the good ones (IMHO) can't survive longer than a handful of seasons??? I realize this is somewhat, if not totally, subjective, but c'mon! Evil or Very Mad
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:32 am Reply with quote
Oraculo wrote:
Crying or Very sad Nooooooooooooooooooo!!! Anime cry
I'm definitely losing my faith/patience in today's anime audience...
Why do they continually patronize the crap shows and the good ones (IMHO) can't survive longer than a handful of seasons??? I realize this is somewhat, if not totally, subjective, but c'mon! Evil or Very Mad

tell that to josei fans and see their reaction. actually tell that to shojo fans
kawame

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:49 am Reply with quote
this is so messed up. so tell me this. something must have been really wrong for this to happen. a good details on the story would have been good U know
Kayakuguri

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:17 am Reply with quote
I looked forward to watching this every Sunday. It wasn't the best, but I still enjoyed it. I'm sad to see it ending. And on my birthday too...

I'm hoping the manga will be available to buy in English soon.
Ushio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:30 am Reply with quote
The merchandise sales must be terrible as it's ratings and manga sales are good.
Vanstorm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:19 am Reply with quote
I saw it coming, the anime was catching up to the manga way to quickly. It was popular, so they rushed an anime adaption to further its popularity. It's the type of manga that needed 3-4 years or more before an anime adaption so that it wouldn't be able to catch so quickly. They have already done a lot of filler episodes, this is bad as you usually want an anime to be at least 50 episodes in before the fillers start. It would have lasted a lot longer if they had started the anime around now or even later.
GazuliGod

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:51 am Reply with quote
This is a really rushed ending, i was in shock when i saw how different that episode was in comparison to the manga, and when Oga says "It's finally the last episode Beru Bo!" made me almost pass out. I didn't really see this coming, considering the manga is so good and that the only real issue was the amount of filler they used to prevent catching up to the manga. It is one of my favorite anime too. Such a shame it has to end.
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:04 am Reply with quote
GazuliGod wrote:
It is one of my favorite anime too. Such a shame it has to end.

Seconded, I was really enjoying the humor of this show, not to mention baby Beel's high adorability factor. I was just starting to really like the supporting thugs, too.
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:20 am Reply with quote
blaizevincent wrote:

You do realize that Viz is a subsidiary of the Japanese rights holders?
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:33 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
blaizevincent wrote:

You do realize that Viz is a subsidiary of the Japanese rights holders?

That means absolutely nothing when FUNi & other R1 companies have picked up other Jump anime titles before.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote
it really sucks that beelzebub is ending since i was really enjoying the anime up until the recent episode and thought it was a good adaption for the most part even the filler was at least somewhat decent (well except for for the early ones) but it was still a nice adaption and i had hoped it would last for awhile and i had thought it would just go on haitus and return but that defenitly isnt the case. hopfuly it gets some OAD's and maybe some movies to cover some major arcs that might happen in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4